FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've reviewed tons of pictures on this and other Forums and cannot figure out the correct way to put in the Pivot Pin in my L1A1. Does the slotted half face the ejection port side or the charging side of the firearm? Or does it not matter? Iv'e seen it both ways in all the pictures and even both ways in some pictures of multiple firearms from the same owner. Mine fit's either way. Just want to be correct. Thanks. :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
It doesn't matter, but I put the slotted end towards me (left side of the rifle).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Proper way on metric FALs is slotted side toward the left. Those goofy commonwealth guns may be something different. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Same for all styles, slot to the left.
I seem to recall it's because the end used to be longer and stuck out past the non slotted side. If the slot was on the right chances are you would rake it with your hand while charging the rifle.
Keeps all the screw slots on the same side as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. Something simple but was perplexing to a new owner of a firearm that I've admired since the early 70's and only recently got the opportunity to purchase. It has lived up to my expectations. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts