FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine yesterday.

Install was VERY simple. Fitment was excellent.

Only issue is the double sided tape will not hold the LED housing in place. I cleaned the area with alcohol and let dry prior to installing. I have additional double sided tape so I will try install again today. It merely stuck for a few minutes then popped up out of the well.

Otherwise this is the route to go if you prefer to not spend $50-100 for a rail and THEN another $300+ for a red dot optic.

Seems robust enuf for my intended use.

PS. I have a knock-off LAimpoint I "obtained" off EBay for $45 shipped. It has worked very well on one of my extra ARs. Sighting in and subsequent shooting sessions have revealed no issues. Works as well and as bright/clear as my genuine Aimpoint...just a short FYI.

I WOULD NOT recomment the knock-off for a serious use weapon...you just don't know...but thus far mine has worked perfectly.

·
Vendor
5,592 Posts
If the double sided tape is too thin to get a good connection, try a thicker type. That should fix you right up. :?
For a more permenant adhesion... put a drop of rubber or plastic glue on top of the LED housing where the housing meets the Glass. This way you will be able to scrape the glue off the glass if you ever wanted to remove the REM 2. This way it won't mar the Ring Sight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts