FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was inspired by Diamondback to try this mod. I wanted it mounted on the side of the firearm, so I had to be a bit creative.

I have 2x PS90s. Well, one belongs to my fiance and one is mine. I have pics of the finished product of my fiance and decided to take a couple shots of the process when I did this to mine. The entire process took me about an hour per gun. I like to take my time and concentrate on what I'm doing.

Here's the location I chose. It was a tight squeeze. Some dremel work was needed, and pics of that are below.

Here's how the weapon looks in single point, via my savvy sniper sling. Note how it hangs at a slight angle. If we put our arms down to grab the rifle, the length is perfect.

The nut that holds the noveske flush QD mount is square. The area that it fits requires a little dremel work.

I forgot to take a pic of the magazine thingy after I cut a part of it off. I did take a pic before I cut it and drew a little red square on the pic indicating the square that I removed. I did not cut the entire square area off, only where the red square is. I didn't want to potentially disrupt the structural integrity of the mag thingy.

Both weapons function exactly as before, except with the new QD mount added. There's no extra tilt or loss of travel on the mag disconnect. Works exactly as it did before.

-Jason

·
Registered
312 Posts
nice work and looks great.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am right handed, though if I were left, I could have mounted the QD in the same spot on the opposite side.

The Noveske flush QD mounts have several locking positions. If it were a problem, I'd just swivel and lock the QD sling connector flush along the PS90 buttstock so it doesn't protrude upwards. With a proper cheek weld using my FN black reticle sight, the slings connector barely touches my lower jaw. My cheek weld is centered on the part where the mag meets the gun. If I move farther away from the weapon sight, then I can force my cheek to bump the connector but then I cannot see the entire reticle since the eye relief is so short.

If the connector was mounted to my SCAR 17, then it would concern me as the recoil on that weapon could cause me damage if I were too close to the connector. With the PS90, I could be chewing on the connector while firing and I doubt it would bother me with so little recoil from this weapon platform.

Does that make sense? I can clarify further if needed. Can provide pics if you're interested in performing this mod.

Jason

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Could you show a pic of it shouldered?

I really like your mod, and would like to use it with a "The Vest Guy" vest & sling setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts