FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,632 Posts
Im with boom on this one. I had to look the scope up and didn't realize Weaver had such an extensive line. I usually see weavers in blister packs hanging off the hooks in Walmart. Not that one though! Optic issues have been reported but it's usually on lower end scopes when it happens. Every now and again a quality scope will eat it. The company ought to send you a new one out to replace that one free of charge. If you're happy with the scope (sans current issue) give another one a try. If it breaks too then you know what the problem is. The 17 is not some mythical optics gobling monster some would have you believe. If it was I wouldn't have a MK6 sitting on mine. Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes. Glad to have you here.

· Registered
6,632 Posts
Fellahs that's an 8-900 dollar optic. I wouldn't exactly call the price cheap. Now the quality of the optic I guess would need to be determined by one reading reviews and what not. The mount yes it's cheap.

· Registered
6,632 Posts
I have Schmidt & Bender 1x6 on my Scar17 I have over 2500 rds threw the riffle now zero problems my friends use Night Force over 1000 rds now Zero problems
I have a MK6 3-18 on mine. So... what's your point? My point is you don't need to spend $3,000 on an optic for the 17 for it to be reliable. There quality scoped out there for less. I didn't claim weaver was one of them simply because I don't know anything about which I feel I was crystal clear about.

OP that could very well be a good scope and you may have gotten a bad egg. Don't discount the thing because you had one break on you. If anyone here can name a optics company that had A 100% 00000 failure track record please point them out and I will be sure to buy from them. Yes S&B have put out lemons before. It happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.