FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
677 Posts
So what if it's a cheap mount? If it doesn't shake loose, what's the problem?

800-900 bucks ain't a cheap scope.

SCAR in .308 due to the reciprocating mass can be tough on an optic, even in a "quality" cantilever mount, you need a beefy mount and price of the scope is irrelevant, the scope needs to be beefy like a Nightforce, Leupold, S&B etc... I'D never trust that scope because I'd be worried about what happened to the OP happening to me. We've known for a long time the SCAR H/17s can be tougher on optics than even an AR-10.

· Registered
677 Posts
If there are any complaints with the SWFA SS (super sniper) HD (heavy duty) series of rifle scopes, I would like to hear them... they seem to be the best value in terms of cost verses what you get in an HD FFP scope:

SWFA SS HD Riflescopes | SWFA

I have run the ~$1,000 SS 1-6 tactical FFP illumined on my Scar 17 and I love it except for two things, it is as heavy as any other heavy duty scope, and as my vision becomes poorer with age I feel I need more magnification than 6x to justify the added weight of a scope:

SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope | SWFA

Still, it is the scope I will mount for use out to a couple hundred yards (farther if I could see better) as it functions acceptably as a 1x red dot as well as a 1-6x scope, negating the need for an RMR mounted to the scope.

If I could afford a Mk6 with an RMR, that is what I would run. It is on my list to upgrade to one someday, but it is a l-o-n-g list.
SWFA "tax day" sale should be coming up next week, usually a $200 discount on that scope, I hopped on the Black Friday sale (only 2x a year they have a sale) and bought 2 for $750, sold them to "upgrade" to a Kahles K16i 1-6 & Nightforce 2.5-10x32. I can honestly sale the glass is very good, turrets are good, reticle is good and ilkumination is suprisingly good. I'm not sure how it would hold up to the SCAR's recoil but if you can get it on a sale it is a great value.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.