FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Fellahs that's an 8-900 dollar optic. I wouldn't exactly call the price cheap. Now the quality of the optic I guess would need to be determined by one reading reviews and what not. The mount yes it's cheap.
I have Schmidt & Bender 1x6 on my Scar17 I have over 2500 rds threw the riffle now zero problems my friends use Night Force over 1000 rds now Zero problems

· Registered
174 Posts
I second the Vortex I have a Vortex Viper 4-14 on another riffle and it's great I got it on a clearance at Cabalas for $244 it retails for $600 and I want to say it's the most under priced scope on the market today with the best warranty if u ever see one used for good price buy it !$

· Registered
174 Posts
I have a MK6 3-18 on mine. So... what's your point? My point is you don't need to spend $3,000 on an optic for the 17 for it to be reliable. There quality scoped out there for less. I didn't claim weaver was one of them simply because I don't know anything about which I feel I was crystal clear about.

OP that could very well be a good scope and you may have gotten a bad egg. Don't discount the thing because you had one break on you. If anyone here can name a optics company that had A 100% 00000 failure track record please point them out and I will be sure to buy from them. Yes S&B have put out lemons before. It happens.
I agree , I also mentioned in another post that I shoot with guys using $500 burris and Vortex that seem to work with zero problems all on Scar 17s Quality usually comes with a price but that's not always true . Guess I will get to the point , I would send that scope back have it fixed if it breaks again ... Buy another brand besides Weaver , and your right every company has a bad day just some have more then others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.