FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Well sh1t! I know you already told me about this one Bayonet but this video seals the deal. Looks like I am going to end up with two .30 cal cans :-D! My wallet hates you.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well sh1t! I know you already told me about this one Bayonet but this video seals the deal. Looks like I am going to end up with two .30 cal cans :-D! My wallet hates you.
I second KameronTKelly - you just cost me some money bayonet! I've wanted a new can for the 10" ACR and now I just found it!! Thanks for this info! (My wife and I call this kind of spending "Diet Purchasing". Buying so many "gun things" that there's no money left for food!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I second KameronTKelly - you just cost me some money bayonet! I've wanted a new can for the 10" ACR and now I just found it!! Thanks for this info! (My wife and I call this kind of spending "Diet Purchasing". Buying so many "gun things" that there's no money left for food! :th_sign0103:
Its OK brother. Ramen noodles taste a damn sight better if you count bullets and fondle suppressors while eating them :-D

I don't think they will be able to keep these bad boys on the shelf when they get their first shipment in. Better set some money aside... A "Just in case the Saker becomes available for purchase fund". I'll stash it under a stack of spam and peanut butter.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Here is an email from Silecerco from a month ago when I was going to lay out the cash and paperwork to get this can due to the modularity. Sorry SCAR 17 owners, this is the official word. If anyone figures out how to overcome this let me know as I want this can! Is it possible to use a different muzzle device and mount the Saker on this? This is not something I thought of when emailing Silencerco.

Brian,

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Saker 762. Due to the lack of shoulder on the the SCAR 17 barrel we do not reccomend using any of our muzzle devices or suppressors on it. The lack of should means the muzzle device has to index on the muzzle which isn’t a flat surface so the muzzle device being concentric with the bore isn’t guaranteed. We have had some customers use our flash hiders to mount the suppressor and they have not had any problems, but there’s no guarantee for it to work. We are working on a muzzle device that will shoulder on the muzzle but we don’t have an ETA at this time.
You would be able to use the Saker 762 on your SCAR 16 and other AR-15s because they have the proper shoulder on the barrel. To mount the Saker 762 to you 5.56 rifles you will just need to purchase either the Saker 5.56 Trifecta RS Flash Hider or the Saker 5.56 Muzzle Brake. They are 1/2x28 thread so they will mount directly to your 5.56 rifles and no adapter will be needed. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Here is an email from Silecerco from a month ago when I was going to lay out the cash and paperwork to get this can due to the modularity. Sorry SCAR 17 owners, this is the official word. If anyone figures out how to overcome this let me know as I want this can! Is it possible to use a different muzzle device and mount the Saker on this? This is not something I thought of when emailing Silencerco.

Brian,

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Saker 762. Due to the lack of shoulder on the the SCAR 17 barrel we do not reccomend using any of our muzzle devices or suppressors on it. The lack of should means the muzzle device has to index on the muzzle which isn’t a flat surface so the muzzle device being concentric with the bore isn’t guaranteed. We have had some customers use our flash hiders to mount the suppressor and they have not had any problems, but there’s no guarantee for it to work. We are working on a muzzle device that will shoulder on the muzzle but we don’t have an ETA at this time.
You would be able to use the Saker 762 on your SCAR 16 and other AR-15s because they have the proper shoulder on the barrel. To mount the Saker 762 to you 5.56 rifles you will just need to purchase either the Saker 5.56 Trifecta RS Flash Hider or the Saker 5.56 Muzzle Brake. They are 1/2x28 thread so they will mount directly to your 5.56 rifles and no adapter will be needed. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

The saker will mount on a 51T muzzle device. The guy even did it in the video /\. Many 51T mounts are being used successfully with the 17 right now. I don't know why the rep didn't mention that in the email? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks either way Somnus I appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Brian,

Thank you,

I wonder if using a 51t blackout would work for the 17, looks like they mounted the 7.62 saker to a 300 blackout using the 51t in that video posted above.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
When I ordered my suppressors I didn't get one for 17 cause wanted to see this first. So does it work with scar 17 or not? Otherwise got to add a sure fire to the list and sell another piece of my liver to fund it

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
When I ordered my suppressors I didn't get one for 17 cause wanted to see this first. So does it work with scar 17 or not? Otherwise got to add a sure fire to the list and sell another piece of my liver to fund it
A liver might not do it. You might have to throw a testicle Into the deal... :-D

The saker will mount to a 51T.

Reactions: hillbillyjim

·
Registered
841 Posts
I had a lengthy conversation with SilencerShop about using the SpecWar 762 on my SCAR 17s and they said it would be fine with the flash hider but not the brake.

If thats the case, there should be no issue with the Saker with the flash hider, only if you were trying to use it with the muzzle brake which can't be timed properly due to the lack of shoulder.

I've got a message into SilencerCo looking for a clarification -- possibly the issue of a CS rep not understanding the problem and applying it too widely.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
I'm waiting for the first knucklehead to forget he mounted a 556 end cap on the 7.62 can so he could run it on his 556 weapon, and then forgot to swap back to the 762 end cap before putting it on his 762 weapon.

This could get interesting soon.

And what's up with no Hoplon blast baffle in the 762 can?

-SS

·
Registered
841 Posts
Update from SilencerCo:
Our muzzle devices have been designed to mount against the shoulder of the barrel and not the muzzle. Because the SCAR 17 lacks the shoulder we do not suggest using our muzzle devices on it. The muzzle is not always a flat surface and can cause concentricity problems when the muzzle device is mounted against it. We have had customers use our flash hiders on the SCAR 17 and not had any problems but you will want to check to make sure everything is concentric before shooting with the suppressor attached.

:\\/:

However a bit of hope:

We are woking on finding a way to make our flash hiders be able to work when having to be mounted against the muzzle instead of the shoulder. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA as to when this will be done though. When it is available it will be better for use on the SCAR 17.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Talked to the guys at SilencerShop in response, they had a really good point: video evidence from SilencerCo of the SpecWar 762 on the SCAR 17s

(jump to the 31 second mark)

their take -- definitely check for cocentricity as a good practice anytime you're mounting anything -- rocksette the mount and you should be good to go (with a flash hider).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm waiting for the first knucklehead to forget he mounted a 556 end cap on the 7.62 can so he could run it on his 556 weapon, and then forgot to swap back to the 762 end cap before putting it on his 762 weapon.

This could get interesting soon.

And what's up with no Hoplon blast baffle in the 762 can?

-SS
I'm waiting with anticipation for the first idiot to post pictures of the "Oops forgot to put the right endcap on!" People can't even figure out what ammo to use in a weapon, ignoring the manufacturer's engineers and resorting to the manufacturer's lawyers, who are really smart about lawyering, oh and ammo ballistics.

From Silencerco,

"The Hoplon shines on a short 5.56mm. I would classify that as 11.5" and less. If you intend to primarily use the suppressor on short 5.56 then I would recommend the Hoplon in the Saker 556.

The Saker 762 has a couple of features which compensate for the lack of a Hoplon.
The 7.62 baffle is 45% thicker on the blast face than the 5.56 baffle.
The 7.62 aperture naturally mitigates the worst erosion since the inside face of the baffle that would otherwise be eroded is non existent on the larger aperture baffle."

1 - 20 of 56 Posts