FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I live in NY and that's all we can have. Is the PS90 still worth getting with only a ten round capacity?

I am drawn to it because of it's short length. I would use it primarily for a HD gun. Seems it would be easier to manuever through the house with a smaller firearm.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, I would hate to have it with only a 10 round limitation. But if ALL of your gun choices are limited to 10 rounders anyway. And, you like the gun - why not.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't think I'd have bought mine if I was limited to the 10-round mags. I do like how small it is for stuff like house clearing, but I think part of the point of having a carbine is having more rounds than you could have in a handgun. While ballistics on the PS90 may be good, I think you could find a handgun that is comparable and that would give you even more maneuverability.

Don't take this as me trying to say, "Don't buy the PS90," though. Please! It's a great little gun (and I'm sure shoots very well... I haven't had a chance to do that with mine yet... long story).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for a long gun for my first gun purchase. I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of handgun ownership in NY right now.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Jumpem said:
I'm looking for a long gun for my first gun purchase. I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of handgun ownership in NY right now.
I didn't realize that there was a difference. My apologies. Enjoy your PS90 (since... you know... it's the only logical option now other than a shotgun [which would be much longer than a PS90])! :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think if you like the short length for home defense, then buy it and be happy, at 26.25" overall length you can't beat it! Only having 10 rounds sucks but any gun you buy will have that problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts