FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the compact 10mm witnesses, the ones without the rounded slide. was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the witness or better yet the 10mm. it appeals to me because while 10mm auto is hard to find you can easily purchase a conversion kit to make it a .45 (and a compact 45 isnt too bad either). Just always wanted a 10mm. Ive been reading up a lot and it seems buying a stronger recoil spring is pretty much required. so...thoughts?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
They seem to be popular on some of the online forums. I have read that their customer service sucks if you have a problem, though. That's all I know

·
Registered
305 Posts
The 10mm is definitely a hot round! More recoil than the .45 ACP
Can't imagine having it in a compact.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Clone of the CZ97b made by Tanfoglio. I had one of their CZ75 clones a while back, several thousands of rounds with no issues.

And of course, there is the conversion factor. Each kit is about 225, and you can get 22lr, 9mm, 38 super, 40s&w, 10mm, and 45acp.

I was going to get one in 45, but I couldn't find one locally to hold first (small hands). Ended up wtih a 1911... but now that I've held one, I keep thinking....

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
10mm ammo is sometimes hard to find here and its steep...i'd rather have a .45 due to ammo availability :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts