FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if any of you 5-7 fans have heard if fn is planning to make new models for the 5.7 caliber in a hand gun. I would like to see a thinner smaller 5-7 pistol that is a bit shorter and more easy to carry for CCW.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I'll have to look to see where it was answered, but I'm pretty positibe that they claimed there would be none.

I would assume part of the reason is that shorter barrel would lower the velocity of the round and make it less effective - as the round was originally designed for the 10" P90 barrel.

·
Registered
980 Posts
They say there is no plan. I can think of some revolvers that could be converted fairly easily. 5.7 not having a rim it would be a bit silly. but it would work

·
Registered
873 Posts
A Five-seveN bolt gun would be the answer to my prayers...

·
Registered
411 Posts
BlitzPig said:
I think I will soon be the only one in the world to own one... It'll probably be about another year or so before I reach that goal, though.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Scar16man said:
A tactical 22 in fde would be cool!!!
The FsN is already made in FDE.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Hex0rz said:
BlitzPig said:
I think I will soon be the only one in the world to own one... It'll probably be about another year or so before I reach that goal, though.
You won't have the only one.

Custom bolt guns have been made in 5.7 for a few years now but are way out of my price range.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
About the only model I could think of would be a factory threaded barrel, and a a provision to add a red dot sight.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would kinda like to see just an updated look kinda more squarish, with traditional dovetail sights, try to slim the grip a bit and reduce the bulk a bit, take a tad of lenght and height. Nice and light, but more trim.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Buffman said:
About the only model I could think of would be a factory threaded barrel
There are factory threaded barrels. Very rare and very expensive.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Polecat said:
try to slim the grip a bit and reduce the bulk a bit, take a tad of lenght and height. Nice and light, but more trim.
If you will look inside the grip, you'll see there is no spare room to slim it down. The length of the round and the mag size needed to hold it keeps the grip at it's present size.

FN has said that the length of the pistol is due to the captured recoil spring system used to make the pistol function properly. That is also the reason they have given why there will not be a compact model.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Scar16man said:
abbreviation for FiveseveN. They make them in black, OD, and FDE (slide covers are all black however).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts