FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying it find online, is there a known good vendor? Are people using 308 brass without issues as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like complete ammo, any good sources for just brass, preferably prepped and ready to load?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops, just saw the sorting. Found reload section, but no scar brass. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw that, but they don't resize or trim and I don't have a trimmer. May have to invest one. Thanks! If anyone has a source for fully prepped brass, please share.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Gen-x - it might make sense for you to pay the $15.00 to become a supporting member here on the forum. Becoming a supporting member and paying the fee will give you access to the supporting member area of the forum. There are 2 threads in that forum for re-loaders who are supporting members. Once, you pay the $15.00 and get access to that area of the forum you will find many venders who have in stock what you are looking for. Just saying...

I saw that, but they don't resize or trim and I don't have a trimmer. May have to invest one. Thanks! If anyone has a source for fully prepped brass, please share.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't even know there was a supporting member option, new to this forum. Thanks, hopefully the area will be obvious once I join.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Yes, on the main page there is a link in the right hand corner and you can pay via paypal or you have to send a check. Once, you pay the fee within minutes you will have access to the FNF Zone > Supporting Members Area....good luck and if you have questions just let us know? Thanks.

I didn't even know there was a supporting member option, new to this forum. Thanks, hopefully the area will be obvious once I join.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
not to sound mean but if you are reloading you should have the basic tools to do so. A trimmer is one of the most basic rifle reloading tools you can have. Primed factory brass is going to cost you the same or more than factory loaded ammo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No offense taken. I should rephrase... I need to get an electric trimmer. I don't want to sit there manually trimming thousands of rounds. A few trims after initial reloading is fine. I like starting out with prepped brass (not primed, just cleaned with correct headspace) so I can reload faster and go shooting. Just got my SCAR 17 and am itching to work up loads.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
No offense taken. I should rephrase... I need to get an electric trimmer. I don't want to sit there manually trimming thousands of rounds. A few trims after initial reloading is fine. I like starting out with prepped brass (not primed, just cleaned with correct headspace) so I can reload faster and go shooting. Just got my SCAR 17 and am itching to work up loads.

ah got you. Yeah I HATE trimming . Feel like I'm wasting my life away when I use the hand crank. I guess I am in the same boat as you,as I would love a giraud trimmer but cannot justify the cost. I just shoot factory ammo at the moment becuase I have so much surplus and my powder supply is dwindling. I wish it wasnt so hard to find powder right now as I would love to load some 168 Mk .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got lucky with powder, found a ton. Now I just need primers and brass! May have to bite the bullet and get a giraud. The cost savings between prepped and unprepped brass would probably pay for most of the machine.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I got lucky with powder, found a ton. Now I just need primers and brass! May have to bite the bullet and get a giraud. The cost savings between prepped and unprepped brass would probably pay for most of the machine.

I quite a bit of 308 brass. PM me

·
Administrator
11,398 Posts
Any once fired brass probably will not be cleaned, deprimed, sized or trimmed. I have seen some that is cleaned but that is it. If you want some prepared brass ready for reloading, you might as well buy new brass as it will probably cost you the price of new brass for the prepared brass.

There are plenty of sources for used NATO brass, the 7.62X51mm but you have to be ready to buy when you see it as it does not last long.

Here is some that has been cleaned but that is it. 308 Military Once Fired Brass It comes in at about 16 cents per case, but is mixed military.

Good luck in looking for prepared once fired brass. It is out there but the cost is rather high compared to just plain once fired brass costs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks HK, that was exactly where I was thinking about ordering from. 308 is new to me. I'm able to buy 223 and 300blk fully prepped for reasonable prices through caliber specific forums. Usually from individuals who resell it. I'm surprised no one has done that on this forum.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
http://www.brownells.com/reloading/brass/rifle-brass/nosler-brass-prod35836.aspx?psize=96&avad=avant&aid=109483&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link

http://www.brownells.com/reloading/brass/rifle-brass/nosler-brass-prod35836.aspx?psize=96&avad=avant&aid=109483&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link

749-005-484WB
Nosler Brass - 308 Winchester, 50 ctMfr Part: 10225

$48.99

Add to Cart
In Stock

Cartridge:
308 Winchester
Quantity: 50

·
Registered
232 Posts
I kind of wonder if I will regret this due to how long it took them to get back in stock after the rush... but I use these guys.

Top Brass, Inc. | Rifle Brass, Pistol Brass, Reloading Supplies

I have 2000 of their cases and while they are reconditioned/trimmed, the primer pockets will still have the most stubborn burnt powder marks left from firing and the case mouths could use a little more deburring.

Since then I've found a local supplier selling military once-fired brass selling a thousand for a nice price. But I can definitely say that whatever I saved up front, I paid for it later in time spent cleaning, sorting, processing and pain in my thumbs from grasping cases. I only got up to removing the military crimps, and even then it seems like I will have to go back a second time because it's not the simple "twist" to get rid of the crimp.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Any once fired brass probably will not be cleaned, deprimed, sized or trimmed. I have seen some that is cleaned but that is it. If you want some prepared brass ready for reloading, you might as well buy new brass as it will probably cost you the price of new brass for the prepared brass.

There are plenty of sources for used NATO brass, the 7.62X51mm but you have to be ready to buy when you see it as it does not last long.

Here is some that has been cleaned but that is it. 308 Military Once Fired Brass It comes in at about 16 cents per case, but is mixed military.

Good luck in looking for prepared once fired brass. It is out there but the cost is rather high compared to just plain once fired brass costs.
You also have to be careful when buying once fired NATO 7.62 brass because it may have been fired from a machine gun. The extraction is more violent than from a rifle, consequently the brass tends to be stretched substantially more than usual.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts