FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to purchase my first handgun for about the past 4 months. After spending almost 210 dollars in range and rental fees (rented the S&W 686, Ruger GP-100, Glock 17/19, Ruger SR9, Springfield XD9, CZ-75b, Sig P229 and finally the FN-P9... put 50 rounds through each) I've finally decided on the FN-P9. Problem solved you would think. However, in the DC/Baltimore metro area, it seems absolutely impossible to find this gun for sale anywhere. The odd place that does have it seems to be jacking it up with a HUGE price increase (cheapest I've seen it for in-stock at any local shop it $680), and otherwise, they all offer to order it for me "special" for an equally exhorbitant amount. The one place around here that seems to offer a reasonable price of $480 is surprisingly Bass Pro (Outdoor World, in Hanover MD)... however it seems to be perpetually out of stock. I first went in there looking to buy almost a month ago, but the most they said they could do for me is to put me on a "notify list", and that they'll call me when one gets to their warehouse. Is this gun really that elusive? Where are other owners on here buying them (in particular, the DC Metro area - in MD)?

If anyone in the area, or in general, could offer some advise on how to pick-up this gun in any near timeframe, without getting price-jacked by gun shop owners, I would be greatly in debt.

Thanks in advance. Hope to be a fellow FN owner soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got my FNP-40 from Bass and they were out of stock also. The very helpful retired LEO working there took my order (had to pay in advance) and the gun came in about a week later. I wasn't in a hurry and was expecting it to take more like 4 weeks.

Very pain-free, other than the fact that the nearest Bass is close to two hours away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always buy my firearms from Davidson's/Gun Genie (http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx). The main reason is that they offer a lifetime replacement warranty on weapons purchased through them. The only problem is they're currently out of stock on FNP-9s, but they are on order.

I picked up my FNP-9 for $541 (484+tax+shipping) out the door. It's usually at the dealer ready for pick up two days after ordering, but that would depend on where you are. A really nice convenience is that you order online so there's no stopping by the dealer or anything to place the order. Another nice thing is there's no haggling and you see all costs up front. The only additional charge may be the $5 for the background check at pickup, but not all dealers do that.

If you want to wait, click Stock Watch and you'll be notified when they come in. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Look at online dealers.

I would recommend going to a few of your local gun shops and asking how much they charge for a transfer and pick the cheapest one, then order the FNP online and have it sent to that FFL after you've made arrangements with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
check CDNN.

I went through them and got my 9mm for $380 with free shipping. They may not be offereing free shipping anymore (since I bought mine back in October), but they'll probably have a good deal on the gun if they've got it in stock.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Roos13 said:
check CDNN.

I went through them and got my 9mm for $380 with free shipping. They may not be offereing free shipping anymore (since I bought mine back in October), but they'll probably have a good deal on the gun if they've got it in stock.
I called maybe a week and a half ago looking for them... they were out. I haven't tried since, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been looking for one myself. It has not been easy to say the least. Ive been to about 5 gun shows in the past 2 months and not one of them has had one. Online sites have not been very helpful either,only gunbroker seems to be the ticket at the moment.But I did find one at a local shop for 500 so I have been thinking about just going there to get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts