FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have any good tippers on an online retailer with deals or good prices on stripped AR-15 uppers right now? Building two uppers actually, so looking for something standard for one and a good deal on a billet upper for the other. Thanks much.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Got a psa in the safe that's affordable and nice. Don't count them out, that is if you're looking for a complete upper. I also have another psa upper with an fn chf barrel that is a project I changed my mind on, if you're interested PM me.

ETA: check rainier arms and bcm

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all the tippers, gonna sort through em now.

It would be easy to just pick up a completed upper but I'm only looking for a stripped upper that doesn't cost as much as I can buy a full upper for. I have a spare barrel. BCG, gas system, and rail system I'd like to put to service as a backup upper. I also have a buddy who wants to build his AR from scratch just for the challenge of it and I'm just helping him along.

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Reactions: Hellfire

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just built, more like put two halves together of a PSA premium. It didn't cost much and it is great. I got a blemished lower. Though I still cannot figure out where the blemish is on it. My FFL looked too and couldn't find any blemish. Got a premium upper with a FN barrel and a premium BCG. The BCG had a problem in that it was missing two gas rings. I emailed them and they took care of the problem right away.

I just shot it this past weekend for the first time. It took all the odd mags and pmags I had. I used 55 grain and 62 grain ammo. Good stuff and bad steel stuff from Wolf. No issues and they all fired perfectly. I only put 210 rounds through it but I was happy. I was in really dusty conditions and the rifle was covered in dust by the end of the day after shooting other rifles too, so I was a bit worried.

As to accuracy, my goal wasn't to test its accuracy, but I did sight in a Daniel Defense rear iron sight on it. It sighted in quickly and was keeping tight groups at 50 and 100 yards. I tried a few at a 190 yard target and again it hit no problem (1 out of 2 hit it, I blame using iron sights though... I hate those things for distance).

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
PSA 'blems' are my goto lowers. Every so often they sell them in a ten pack. I like their uppers too, myself and people I know have had nothing but good luck with them. My only whine is living in SC I pay sales tax on anything I buy from them, but that is my problem not theirs. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts