FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 500 because they were cheep at 18 cents a round, and I'm just target shooting. I'm second guessing myself because I don't know if my fnp-9 is going to like them. Has anyone else had any problems with these because of the steal casing, the coating, or anything else?

·
Registered
229 Posts
The only autos I've been able to get Wolf to feed in are 1911s. It's just so dirty, lots of unburned powder(looks like sawdust), split cases, I just never wanted to try it in my FNPs. Their innards a little harder to clean than 1911 and it caused several mags to quit working due to gunk. It is accurate though. If u get a split case stuck in chamber, it's a bad range day!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just went through a couple boxes of Wolf this last week . Didn't have any misfires but I noticed for some reason or another that I couldn't 'rapid fire' as fast with it as the Winchester white box stuff I normally use. With the Wolf ,the gun wouldn't cycle as fast . I thought it had to be a gun mechanics problem but the Winchester cycles as fast as I can pull the trigger. Go figure ?!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just finished off the last box of 50 out of a 250 rounds of wolf 9mm, no issues at all in my FNP 9, 9M, or my 9mm AR...just rather dirty ammo. fine for target shooting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have put at least 700 rounds through my fn 9 never a problem, I will say it is very dirty ammo, but for the range it works fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of Wolf thru my Sigma 40 cal. A little dirty, but otherwise ok. Went "bang" each time I pulled the trigger, and no jams.

·
Registered
38 Posts
just got my fnp40 b ack from FN after repair. I have put 300 round of rem yellow box through it with no issue now.

I also bought a box of wolf just for kicks, and had no problems..but it left the pistol dirtier after only 50 rounds and good cleaning before shooting the wolf. IT shot accurate enough, but for the price of yellow box i dont see the real point in Wolf for anything other then M44/Ak47's

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
My FNP9 likes Wolf. I shoot tighter groups with it than I do with WWB. No complaints here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts