FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Yes -- arsenal and izmash. Arsenal is the preferred and getting very hard to find. Izmash new is getting more difficult - But if you have choice will want to get it arsenal/ legion. I picked up mine 1 year ago and now it is going for 400$ more. They are getting more expensive too as they are becoming harder and harder to find. I recently looked and found only one. Here is one

AK47 Russian Saiga 7.62x38 Ironwood Red NIB AK 47 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Not arsenal, but it is izmash-factory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not positive because I'm not an AK guy, but that sounds like only choice you have would be an Izhmash (no longer made) or a Kalashnikov Concern (newly reformed Izmash after bankruptcy). I believe those are the only genuine Russian made AK's.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Bulgarian Arsenals AK, I've had several and still have one milled receiver 47 and one stamped 74. I did score the Arsenal/Saga Izhmash a little while ago and it's a damn fine rifle.
The Arsenal Bulgarian AK would be a great runner up if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I agree with tal-- I have a sam7sf84 I'm working on. It is the best current production out there now. They are also becoming a bit rare and prices are going up. Thing w ak's is that are made in batches and then production/exportation stops. So u really have to pick up when u can. Here is the same as what I'm working on now.

ARSENAL AK 47 SAM7SF-84 7.62x39 Side Folder Sam7 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

as example when I purchased mine it was 1200. This is an arsenal circle 10. In honesty the ak is one of my favorite rifles. I can shoot match ammo all day and not feel guilty. You can pick up 1k mo of golden tiger for 225. With the side folder it is easy to store and make a great shtf if you need. Also shoots 2 moa supposedly which is huge for an ak.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You can find ones from Izhmash on www.atlanticfirearms.com
and www.impactguns.com still has a few Arsenal SGL 21's in stock... although they are getting harder to find. I think they may have dropped the SGL line for the Bulgarian SLR line.

O0ps! looks like Impact Guns is actually out of the SGL... my Bad. But i do still see plenty of izhmash built Saiga rifles out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts