FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the USSS on my PS90, and was thinking of switching it out to an EoTech 512. Last time I checked (middle of 2007) there was nothing that was able to lower the EoTech a little. Now with TROS having their mounts for other optics, i was wondering if anyone has come up with a mount that can get the EoTech a little lower. Yes, I know there are the milled receivers available, but I do not want to screw around with the receiver or replace it. As it is, I'm unaware of exactly how much room there is between the stock reciever's top side and the bottom of the Eotech with last year's available mounts.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Sorry - no new mounts. U just mount it straight to the rail - as there is no way to lower the rail - and the mount is incorporated into the EOtech - it can't sit lower.

U can get a quick release mount/version of the EOtech - that's about it.

I have an Eotech 511.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The Eotech sits high to begin with, I don't see how you can lower it any more.
Aimpoints and Trijicons have the battery ontop of the FOV which allows for a lower mount with the TROS.
Since the bulk of the eotech is on the bottom under the FOV, I don't see how its even possible to get a lower mount like you can for an Aimpoint or Trijicon.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i don't understand what the big deal is aside from maybe the look factor.

after a bit of practice you can get the same grouping as a lower sitting sight. mine hasn't been zeroed yet and i still did a fairly decent job at the range the other day after a few test shots and seeing how much i needed to compensate

/553. love it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the updates!!!

acmeraptor...you might just be right. I have not had the chance to hold nor shoot a 90 with an EOTech, so I don't know exactly how a cheek weld or chin weld would work for me. I understand that if my dimensions afford me a chin weld, I could purchase a double mag clamp to alleviate that. I was just trying to find out, without spending hours searching (and going off on tangents like i always do) if anyone had come up with something newer/lower than what was available last summer.

I'm curious though....with the EOTech sitting somewhat higher than tubular sights, is there much more parallax error due to the added height? I know with my USSS sight and SS197 how much the POI is off at 100 yards. If I were to sight in at 50 yards with higher mounted EOTech, how much difference would there be at 100 yards in comparison to either a tube sight, or the stock USSS sight? Are we talking maybe an extra inch or two at 100 yards, or would it be more?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 552 on mine and it did sit high. I have gone to the dual mag clamp and hold two mags and it lines up perfect for me. If you are not sitting comfortable with the line of sight you need to try it. I couldn't be happier with mine.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but you can opt to get a different receiver from Thompson Machine. The rail mounting on his uppers is literally just above the magazine, so that would make it a LOT lower than the standard variety PS90s. Just an idea. They're not my cup of tea, but it may be what you're looking for.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
streetrod said:
I have a 552 on mine and it did sit high. I have gone to the dual mag clamp and hold two mags and it lines up perfect for me. If you are not sitting comfortable with the line of sight you need to try it. I couldn't be happier with mine.
I tried that. But, I switch eyes depending on the range. I am left eye dominant, but see better far away with the right eye. So, up close - I use the left eye.

I tried the clamps at the range, and did not like them, as I was stuck with just the right eye. However, I know I am weird :oops:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i finally decided on the eotech for my '90 the 551 and im gonna mount a 3x magnifier too :)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yea, i play on getting the quick detach for it so i can take it off when need be. but i like the idea of having one you know? not to mention i can put it on other rifles:) (possibly SCAR)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts