FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I already know what the answer to this is going to be but in the off chance that someone might have some new inside info or rumor control has heard a new rumor, I thought I would ask anyway.....whats the latest word on when the civilian version Scar might be released??? Thanks!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Re: Any new updates on a release date for the civilian Scar?

rtj3 said:
I'm sure I already know what the answer to this is going to be but in the off chance that someone might have some new inside info or rumor control has heard a new rumor, I thought I would ask anyway.....whats the latest word on when the civilian version Scar might be released??? Thanks!
From the Q&A this month:

7. Is it true that the SCAR lite has NOT yet been approved by the BATF, and thus its release to the public could be very delayed?
Not true, we are expecting a small amount of semi-auto SCAR Lights late this year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scar Shipped

NRA news had a Rep. from FN and he stated Socom has awared them the Contract for the Scar and delivery has started. As for the Civilian Scar L it will be available Nov 2008 and it will be exactly as the military version except no select fire. There will be a two year back log on orders.

·
Registered
630 Posts
makes me glad I bought 2 rec7's and I am building 3 more 6.8's

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yep, I herd through the grape vine that the cost for the few civi's SCARs that they release will be quit pricey.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
devildoc said:
Yep, I herd through the grape vine that the cost for the few civi's SCARs that they release will be quit pricey.
details please.... I was kind of drawing the line at $2500

·
Registered
630 Posts
imschur said:
devildoc said:
HK 416 uppers are 3500 to 5k

·
Registered
630 Posts
imschur said:
devildoc said:

·
Registered
265 Posts
coldair said:
imschur said:
devildoc said:
They don't have to be. They're only that expensive because there's a very limited supply and a huge demand.

A SOT pays about $2K for the entire HK 416.

·
Registered
630 Posts
but if they are limited supply the dealers will sell them for as much as they can get

·
Registered
265 Posts
The HK416 is also only importable for military and law enforcement, which a civillian approved SCAR would not be.

I'm not saying that there wouldn't be profiteering by unscrupulous dealers, but rather the pricing on 416's is a different situation. The guys selling those uppers are also having to sit on post 86 dealer sample HK 416 full auto lowers.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Templar, are you saying that this limited batch, first run SCAR L will be less than $2500?

·
Registered
265 Posts
devildoc said:
Templar, are you saying that this limited batch, first run SCAR L will be less than $2500?

I'd like to hope so, but I don't know where they're going to come down on pricing.

If a dealer is selling at retail or higher, I can wait until more come into the pipeline before I jump.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts