FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone had aquired any additional info about the new SS198LF round. Looking at the FNH USA 2008 Catalog give very little info on what this is. It's very wierd that this round is on the Civ use side of the page instead of the restricted side.

any ideas? Explosive tipped, Titanium, depleted uranium?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ya, its under unrestricted but on the side by specifications it shows "lead free cartridge for Law Enforcement and military use, available through LE distributors.

Does that mean you can buy it with a Police ID, and not have to ship to Dept?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remember the Black Talon rounds by winchester, the name wasn't politically correct to they changed it to something else, but wasn't this round restricted. I could be wrong, but I think you had to show a Police ID to buy it, but it was available at the local gun shop.

Have no idea why they did this, there wasn't anything so different with the round.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I remember all the BS hype around the Black Talon's. What a joke.
The Teflon coating was put on those to reduce friction in the barrel, no different than bullets made by laplia that are coated with molydbenum disufide.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i buy some secialy ammo for my pistol that has PTFE (teflon) lube on it from a manufacturer seems to make the bullet faster from the barrel and mare accurate. its in 5.7x28

1 - 5 of 5 Posts