FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, would you be interested in free-lance reloading for profit?

I just want a small amount of ammo reloaded for personal use... something with a little more "oomf" to it.

I'll send you my brass, say 100 rounds, $100 bucks for reloading? That a fair price?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Unless they have the proper paperwork, shipping it via mail or other carriers would constitute a violation from the "you know who". That sort of premium price kind of indicates something with an "oomph" that would also probably violate a few laws. The pressures dealt with in the P90 and 5.7 are pretty high to begin with, and pushing up would probably end up badly. Not to mention the liabilities that would arise if you blew your hand off using someone's freelanced reloads. There are several threads here regarding reloading and also where to purchase reloaded rounds legally. I wouldn't risk it otherwise if I were you, jail would probably be a very unforgiving place.

Zhur

·
Banned
15 Posts
I'm sure you can ship ammo via UPS without a problem. i don't see why it would be a violation of any laws, unless you can cite some for us.

·
Banned
15 Posts
ive been looking around the web for someone to do custom 5.7 ammo. there is a company that looks great to me called Elite Ammunition. it looks like a few people on this forum have had good experiences with them, their website is www.eliteammunition.com

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Be aware that we have a sponsor, BACA, that sells ammo too. He has a thread in his section abouts ome new round he has been working on for a while - but when I asked him a week or so ago, he claimed to me that he still is selling some of his previous rounds. Send him a PM.

·
Registered
408 Posts
According to the weapons officer for the local PD, manufacturing of ammunition for sale is regulated by the ATF. Anyone can make their own ammo, but I believe you have to have the correct paperwork to sell it. I had a conversation about this with him when I bought my Dillon progressive, and was going to sell some ammo to people in my Cowboy Action club, and was told that I could not sell it as I would be in violation. Hell, I could be wrong, and I'm no lawyer, but I'll take his word for it, as he'd be the one most likely arresting me. Wasn't trying to be nasty. There is also a hazmat charge that needs to be paid for shipping ammo, so I'd have to think that it is regulated as well. Liabilities still stand unless they are a business and have the protections afforded them by a business, or signed contract, but that seems like too big of a mess for 100 rounds. Sometimes the round you have is what you have to use. That price seems pretty steep at almost 2 1/2 times the going rate, but that's just me. I'll stick with my .40cents per round standard ammo.

Again, wasn't trying to be nasty, just pointing out the risks.

Zhur

·
Banned
15 Posts
good points Zhurdan. thanks for clearing that up. is BACA have a FFL for ammo manufacturing? i thought i saw on one of his posts that he is selling either just the bullets or he can sell them to you loaded also?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,

I dont want to do anything illegal nor get anyone in trouble... heck, I figured if ammoman.com, aimsurplus, cheaper than dirt... lotsa companies ship ammo in bulk.

I didnt figure a hundred rounds to be a big deal... pay the extra shipping and anybody can ship ammo.

As for the "extra oomf" I'm looking for.... IF you were so lucky to have obtained some SS190 BEFORE it was labeled "AP"... you can legally own it and keep it, shoot it to your heart's content, but you aint gettin' any more as a civilian.

I'm also the jailer at my local PD, I can probably get some true SS190 drop shipped to the PD from FN, but dont want to buy a whole case. All I want are a hundred rounds or so for personal use.

That's why I was looking to have someone load me up ammo...

I'll check out some of the sites and members listed.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Thanks guys,

I dont want to do anything illegal nor get anyone in trouble... heck, I figured if ammoman.com, aimsurplus, cheaper than dirt... lotsa companies ship ammo in bulk.

I didnt figure a hundred rounds to be a big deal... pay the extra shipping and anybody can ship ammo.

As for the "extra oomf" I'm looking for.... IF you were so lucky to have obtained some SS190 BEFORE it was labeled "AP"... you can legally own it and keep it, shoot it to your heart's content, but you aint gettin' any more as a civilian.

I'm also the jailer at my local PD, I can probably get some true SS190 drop shipped to the PD from FN, but dont want to buy a whole case. All I want are a hundred rounds or so for personal use.

That's why I was looking to have someone load me up ammo...

I'll check out some of the sites and members listed.
First off, no one labeled the SS190 as "AP" or "Illegal for Civilians" other than FNH. The BATFE sure doesn't consider it AP because it's a .22 caliber round. Anyone can have and purchase SS190 from anyone who has it other than FNH, but now it's a "collectors" item since FNH won't sell to us lowly civies anymore.

Second, I'd really take Ship's comment to heart as Wil (Baca) makes his own version of the SS190 (called the SS91) and you could buy it for the price (or very close) you're looking to pay someone reload rounds for you. His BAP111 round (which will replace his SS91 round) isn't 100% yet, but you can still buy his original "AP" round from him.

Third, trying to strawman purchase ammo for yourself through your PD is a big no-no. I, as well as many others here, strongly suggest not attempting this as it could land you in a great deal of trouble.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice jedi,

Does BACA have a website?

As for trying to make a straw ammo purchase... wrong on all accounts.

I've got the city ID, city badge, good standing with my PD... I carry the Five-Seven as my sidearm. The chief would let me carry whatever round I wanted... it is totally legal for me to buy the SS190 ammo directly from FN.

Now, when I say "personal use"... of course an officer has to practice with the weapon and ammo he shoots right?

So a BG breaks into my home and I kill him with some SS190, I dont think that's gonna anywhere here.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
No, he only sells thru this site. He used to have a list of all his rounds available - I do not know why he removed it. If you post a message in his subsection here on the forum, he will see it and get back to you in a few days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts