FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gun, FNP 40, looks like a candidate for a .357 Sig.

And, maybe 38 Super? (Check mag OAL question below on this one.)

Does FN have any plans on the above in that caliber?

Also, are spare barrels, recoil springs, slides, etc. available from the manufacturer?

Are the guns rated for +p?

Anyone shot any Corbon Power Ball, DPX, Double Tap Ammunition loads or Win Ranger Lawman 124gn 9mm+p+out of these guns?

(Either caliber 9mm or 40?)

Any dedicated holsters (IWB)

Also are the .40 and 9mm magazines the same external dimensions? (I.E interchangeable in either gun?)

What are the maximum OAL cartridge that will fit/function in each magazine? (Assuming they are NOT the same ED?

TIA! :wink:

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
I don't ever see a 38 super version of this, or most other "service" type weapons. As far as I know, 38 super is mainly dedicated to the 1911 in the US - there may be other guns that shoot it in other countries where it is more popular. But, I don't know that I have ever seen a 38 Super in recent gun history that wasn't a 1911.

357 Sig? Possibly one day. As the gun gets more popular, there may be aftermarket conversions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres one:

I hefted one in a gunshop the other day it seemed solid enough and made well; but with Taurus's quality knocked in some of their models I am a little trepidatious of making the plunge. I was wondering if it could stand up to a 9x23 conversion???

They also made a model 957 in near size in .357 Sig.(Discontinued)

Sig made a 220 in 38S as well.(rare) I'd LOVE to have one!

1.http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207447

2.http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/85/products_id/11871Taurus PT38 .38 super Blue

SPECIFICATIONS
Type: Pistol
Action: Single / Double
Caliber: 38 Super Auto
Barrel Length: 4 1/4"
Capacity: 10 + 1
Safety: Ambidextrous w/Decocker
Grips: Checkered Rubber
Sights: Fixed Three- Dot
Weight: 29.5 oz
Finish: Blue

Shot at 2007-07-12

·
Registered
37 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I don't ever see a 38 super version of this, or most other "service" type weapons. As far as I know, 38 super is mainly dedicated to the 1911 in the US - there may be other guns that shoot it in other countries where it is more popular. But, I don't know that I have ever seen a 38 Super in recent gun history that wasn't a 1911.

357 Sig? Possibly one day. As the gun gets more popular, there may be aftermarket conversions.
A friend of mine at a recent FN shoot event got to fire a .357SIG FNP (among other very cool toys with ammo provided by FN), due out as close as next month. :D

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
NineseveN said:
ShipWreck said:

A friend of mine at a recent FN shoot event got to fire a .357SIG FNP (among other very cool toys with ammo provided by FN), due out as close as next month. :D
Yes, it was posted here recently - I was about to mention that. When I wrote my reply up above, that was before I heard that as well..

So, there apparently will be a 357 sig FNP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts