FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the trigger on buying the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x for my Scar 17s. Had a 10% off coupon for Optics Planet and for Labor Day they are also offering 10% OP Bucks in addition, which I can use for purchasing a 34mm mount. It's back-ordered, so I have some time to wait and ask people for their real world experience. I know there has been some great reviews on this scope so far, Garand Thumb, TFB, etc. But anyone use this for the Scar 17s/20s?

I currently run the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x. I love using it, but it's not the E, so it's heavy, especially with the ADM Delta Mount. I thought about getting the Elcan 1.5-6x at the same price point, but I figure it's getting outdated and the extra magnification would be more useful.

Would love to hear from people who actually have one on their Scar!

·
Banned
25 Posts
Had razor 1-10 with sw mount never fire ,the only think that I don’t like is the eyebox,May be i can’t expect ffp eyebox will big like acog,but is really difficult find the hole then my strike eagle sfp ,i decided change to K16i ,1.5x6 is too heavy with lots black border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Had razor 1-10 with sw mount never fire ,the only think that I don’t like is the eyebox,May be i can’t expect ffp eyebox will big like acog,but is really difficult find the hole then my strike eagle sfp ,i decided change to K16i ,1.5x6 is too heavy with lots black border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the quick reply. Is the eye box similar or worse than the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x? I know for LVPOs the Vortex Razor and Kahles K16i are among the best. The Kahles being lighter, but more expensive. I know it won't be as good as an Eotech EXPS, Eotech EXPS with G33 Magnifier, or any other true RDS.

·
Banned
25 Posts
i never have Razor HD Gen II 1-6x,but i had strike eagle, dont have much difference in eyebox between strike eagle and razor hd 1-10,but strike eagle is easy to point to the aim than 1-10 i think is because the razor 1-10 is FFP

·
Registered
419 Posts
1-10x has worse eye box above 6X...but that is to be expected...I'd say its on par with the 1-6X within the 1-6X range.

Cramming 10X mag into a compact optic will result in a less forgiving eye box up top...kind of like the NX8 1-8X...super compact optic...but the eye box is not as forgiving...

You can over come that with dry fire practice...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats OP! I too just pulled the trigger on the MRAD model that was in stock at aa optics.. I'm pairing it with a 1.70 height Badger Ordinance Condition 1 mount in TAN... I plan on mounting to my 17! I'll let you know how it goes after a couple hundred rounds! Cheers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was going with an Elcan which I've had before but ran into a Gen III Razor today so I'm going with that. Also putting a Holosun red dot on top

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a gen3 yesterday with Badger Ord mount for my 17. Excited to see how it works. Not sure if ill go with a red dot too. I have the 1-8x Vudu and MRO on my 16s SBR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts