FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of things I like about the HK MR556. There are several really stupid things about it too.

What I do like is the reliability of their piston system. So I just want the upper. And since I'm not so big on the HK lower, I was thinking about mating it to a Knight's SR15 complete lower. I watched MAC's video where he runs the MR556 upper on the Oly lower without a problem. Can anyone see any problems other than a high price tag?

Let me head off some of the replies before they happen...
Yes, I know I could get an LWRC for cheaper.
I know I can get a scar for cheaper. I already have 3
Why not just get a KAC sr15, Larue OBR etc? I already have a stupid amount of DI guns.
MR556 upper is a pig. I know. ADCO would take care of that for me.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Thanks Sarge!...now, do you sell either?
Yes, both are available and in stock. (SR15 Mod 1, to be clear)

By the way, if you refer to me, as "Sarge", "Sgt", or Sgt Stryker"... Francis Plumb (self-proclaimed small arms advisor/medic) has now latched on to the old FNF moniker/screen name, "SgtStrykerUSMC43" which was a dedication to John Wayne's character in The Sands Of Iwo Jima and refers to it as stolen valor.

Everybody here knows it was nothing more than moniker and the few times that service members did think I served, I corrected them and explained the moniker. Interestingly enough, they were all cool with it.

I guess referring to me as the ayatollah and the members of FNF as Iranian terrorists didn't get the reaction he had hoped, so he has moved on to some stolen valor bullsh!t now.

He's still beating the reverse engineering dead horse as well. :lol:

Just shows the desperation. :?

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Any chance you'd want to pm me a price for the sr15 lower and mr556 upper?
Knights Armament SR15 lowers are not being sold by Knights separately anymore and have not for some time now, only two ways of getting your hands on one now is either through GB ( the few I have seen are going for 1K on the lower only) or buy a complete rifle and sell the upper.

Reactions: six-n-twins

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
By the way, if you refer to me, as "Sarge", "Sgt", or Sgt Stryker"... Francis Plumb (self-proclaimed small arms advisor/medic) has now latched on to the old FNF moniker/screen name, "SgtStrykerUSMC43" which was a dedication to John Wayne's character in The Sands Of Iwo Jima and refers to it as stolen valor.

One of John Wayne's best movies.

I guess referring to me as the ayatollah and the members of FNF as Iranian terrorists didn't get the reaction he had hoped, so he has moved on to some stolen valor bullsh!t now.
What about referring to you as the ayatollah of rock 'n rollah?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts