FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anone have any regrets about buying the 45? I am looking for another 45 and I am having a hard time between HK, SIG and FN.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You don't like easy decisions do you?

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Compare feature for feature, what comes in the box, which feels best in hand and which shoots most comfortably. The FNX-45, all FNX's for that matter are outstanding values and remarkable in engineering.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have 0 regrets. A matter of fact, I have my 3rd on layaway (NIB FNX 45 TACTICAL, black) as seen in my avatar. I have a 2-tone (stainless) and a blued FNX 45 pistols. The mag capcity alone would be the deciding factor, not to mention the awesome recoil and the sexy look.

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
No regrets at all here. For the money, it was a top notch choice. In fact, I liked the USG so well I got a Tactical two months later. That said, I very much like Sig and HK. They both have pistols on my "List of Things I Want".

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
All three are great pistols to own. But I say go with the FN first :mrgreen: You wont be disappointed. One sweet, soft, accurate shootin pistol.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am leaning toward the FN because I only have 1 FN. I have 2 HK and and 4 Sigs. Plus the FN is a couple hundred cheaper than the rest. The cool thing is I work part time at a local shop and I get to buy at cost.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I ordered a FDE FDX45 this morning. It should be here tomorrow. They were out of the tactical, which saved me $375.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Does anone have any regrets about buying the 45? I am looking for another 45 and I am having a hard time between HK, SIG and FN.
I had to make the same decision. I went with the FNX because of the way it handled and the mag capacity. Nothing wrong with the quality of the HK45 or the Sig 227, they're both excellent pistols. But after I shot all three, I think I made the right decision with the FNX45. 2d and 3d order effects: Mags are pretty easy to find for the FNX and cost less than Sig and HK mags. And then there are the intangibles: FN has pretty good CS, Sig's is spotty (Depends on who you talk to), HK's is non-existent.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had to make the same decision. I went with the FNX because of the way it handled and the mag capacity. Nothing wrong with the quality of the HK45 or the Sig 227, they're both excellent pistols. But after I shot all three, I think I made the right decision with the FNX45. 2d and 3d order effects: Mags are pretty easy to find for the FNX and cost less than Sig and HK mags. And then there are the intangibles: FN has pretty good CS, Sig's is spotty (Depends on who you talk to), HK's is non-existent.
I will say you are wrong about HK service. I have sent them 2 pistols for work and had them back in under 8 calendar days both times.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have always wanted to try a CZ97

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Team Helotes, what gun shop do you work at in SA? Also, congrats on your FNX, you're gonna love it!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Congrats on choosing a FN-tastic firearm! I love all of mine

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate UPS. My pistol left Dallas last night flew to KY, then to San Antonio and out on truck for delivery. Received email saying it will not be delivered today due to New Years. I called UPS and raised hell. They now say it will be here by 5:30, but I think they are full of it. I guess I will not be getting it till Thursday.

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
I hate UPS. My pistol left Dallas last night flew to KY, then to San Antonio and out on truck for delivery. Received email saying it will not be delivered today due to New Years. I called UPS and raised hell. They now say it will be here by 5:30, but I think they are full of it. I guess I will not be getting it till Thursday.
I hope it shows up.

But yeah, I've had multiple headaches with UPS this season. I had had an order from LaRue that showed out for delivery here in SA...nothing for two days. Then suddenly it was in Houston. Never did get an explanation for the side trip. Also, my Geissele trigger took 3 weeks to get here. I ordered/received a package from Japan in less than half that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you get the gun man? UPS is such a pain. akitainu, i literally had the same thing happen but it was in like july it said out for deliver then all of a sudden said it was in cali the next day and like you said no one could explain it they even said it hadn't shipped yet which had to be BS lol.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got my pistol today and it looks good. Today we had our normal UPS guy and he was pissed he said the guy did not drop off much on Tue and his truck was packed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts