FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to get on a pre-order list, but I am the last one on the list. I was told I would recieve my scar in mid january or so, but I thought I was told the first ones would start shipping in early December. Does any know if any civilian scars have been shipped or what the most recent status is?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Still waiting...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello everyone, my first post on tis forum :)

Who's got the SCAR's (delaers) where we can place the orders? 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am hearing from a couple of reliable sources that they are being assembled at this time in the US and are due to be shipping between now and mid Jan. I have heard that they will be avail in both Black and Tan. I have no knowledge on quantities of either color, but am hearing 2-300 first run total. The Heavy sounds like it is a year off.
Happy Hollidays, Walt

·
Registered
65 Posts
trident_00 said:
I am hearing from a couple of reliable sources that they are being assembled at this time in the US and are due to be shipping between now and mid Jan. I have heard that they will be avail in both Black and Tan. I have no knowledge on quantities of either color, but am hearing 2-300 first run total. The Heavy sounds like it is a year off.
Happy Hollidays, Walt
Source? This has been denied repeatedly. The official line has been FDE only, but I hope you heard correctly.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All I have been reading on various gun sites is that only FDE is going to be available, and I wasn't given any choice of color when I ordered mine. Not saying I don't believe it, but I just wasn't given any choice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I spoke to Bob Ales and he told me that the Rifles will ship to stocking dealers only on 22 or 23 of Dec. He told me this on Dec 21, he went on to say that the only color available would be Dark earth. I hope this helps. :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
ArmChairCommando Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke to Bob Ales and he told me that the Rifles will ship to stocking dealers only on 22 or 23 of Dec. He told me this on Dec 21, he went on to say that the only color available would be Dark earth.
Anybone know if the SCAR's made it out the door to the dealers or not??

Hope everyone has a happy new year!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I talked to the dealer I am buying mine from yesterday, and he said they are shipping right now. He also said he would have his garaunteed seven by January 15th, and then ship them to those in line for them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heartdoc said:
Exciting News! Any word yet on an actual "Price" from your dealer?

Well I don't know anything in stone yet, but the price I was told was something like $2696.xx plus shipping. As far as I know, that is the official msrp set by FN. I was also required to give a down payment of 25% of the set price back in november to stay on the pre-order list, so that gives me faith that we will see the scar fairly soon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I read in another forum that dealer cost is in the low $2100.00 range if that helps. Do bear in mind that a gun dealer needs to make a living, so out the door price will come with a slight but fair mark up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I suspect the "guessing game" will go on for a few more weeks until we find out for sure. My dealer is obtaining one for me, but doesn't know yet what the price will be. If it around $2,100 I will be very pleased, considering the small number of guns that will initially be released, and the current political climate!

·
Registered
24 Posts
New guy here ! Geat News !!! I want a Scar in the worst way ! Any leads guys, please let me know. Jerod

·
Registered
320 Posts
heartdoc said:
I suspect the "guessing game" will go on for a few more weeks until we find out for sure. My dealer is obtaining one for me, but doesn't know yet what the price will be. If it around $2,100 I will be very pleased, considering the small number of guns that will initially be released, and the current political climate!
The DEALER price is just over $2100. That his price. Anything over that is gravy. MSRP is $269x.xx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts