FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't say we can fill every request :p - but is there an area U'd like to see here on the site, or a suggestion you have?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Suggestions

Esteves said:
Related to the features of the discussion-board software:

* Ability to flag threads as watched (email notification) without having to post to the thread.
* Email notifications should include the contents of the post, not just a link to it.
* User selectable preference to read messages with the most current message at the top.[/list][/list]
Well, most of that is limitations in the software that we are currently using. The Vbulletin software is expensive. Hopefully, we can do that switch over one of these days. For now, the first 2 are not within our ability - but hopefully it will be one day soon.

I'm not quite sure what ya mean by the 3rd one - The list of both "new threads" and the messages in the individual sections are in order by date already (unless a sticky is above the messages).

Keep the ideas coming, however. As the site grows and either supporting members or sponsors grow, it might be possible to do a software switch.

Many sights start out with PHP before being able to eventually switch over. Handgun Forum was that way, and the Walther Forum just made the software switch recently after all this time. So, this format gets people going easily when they first start goin' 8)

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Esteves said:
What I meant by the third is that when reading a thread, the user should have the ability to specify that they want individual messages within that thread to be displayed newest first so that they don't have to scroll through a bunch of old messages to find what was just posted.
U can do that now. Right underneath the VERY last post - see it. There is a pulldown menu. U can do oldest or newest first

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Esteves said:
ShipWreck said:
Esteves said:
What I meant by the third is that when reading a thread, the user should have the ability to specify that they want individual messages within that thread to be displayed newest first so that they don't have to scroll through a bunch of old messages to find what was just posted.
U can do that now. Right underneath the VERY last post - see it. There is a pulldown menu. U can do oldest or newest first
I'm asking for a user profile setting that sets that behavior as a default. Scrolling down to the bottom of the page so that I can re-display the page defeats the purpose... ;)
Ok, I see what ya mean. W/o the V Bulletin software, we can do that change. I understand what ya want now, and VBulletin does do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My suggestion: Change the background to something much lighter, with black lettering. The current format is really straining the eyes.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we'll look into that.

The ultimate goal is to change to VBulletin soon. That will allow for a better interface, more features and we will probably go with a different color scheme. We were gonna probably wait on that before we monkey'd with the colors here.

But, please PM Therm and let him know if you REALLY want the colors changed. He chose this (I kinda like it) - so it's up to him to change it.

But, maybe we can do something....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't know if it's just me. But I know when I come here. It loads white background then grey. Then the white icons meaning I've read the post load. Then after a few seconds more the red icons for new posts loads. I don't know if that means anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts