FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Five Seven to the range, over the weekend, and though I can hit the target very well, I still can't shoot it to it's potential. Does anyone have any tricks on how to shoot the Five Seven more accurately that has worked for them?

By the way, I was able to squeeze one of those large Hogue slip ons over the grip and it feels a lot better now.

·
Registered
980 Posts
There has been a couple threads on this in the past. You might want to search them up. There was discussion about how to smooth the trigger, but most people find it breaks in nicely on its own.
My tip is adding weight- I get better groups with a tac light attached.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
My tip is adding weight- I get better groups with a tac light attached.
+1
Thats what I do. Just find a cheap $30-50 tac light off of ebay. The weight of the light and 2 CR123 batteries will help out. Also it will simulate the weight of a good tach light you may have on it when not at the range.

·
Registered
33 Posts
fiveseven accuracy

I shot my fiveseven usg for first time last week. After shooting over the small bore pistol target a couple of times . I got it on paper ,windage was OK and settled 1 in high 1in left in a 5 shot 2 in group. I was satisfied with that for home defense. I did have a stream lite TLR2 mounted under the barrel which probably helped stabilize it. Tried it at 100yds , hit 12in target 3 of 5. Oh! first target was 25yds with the 3 dot sights. I plan on zeroing yhe laser at 10 yds. I love the way it shoots.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'd like to do a light/laser combo thing for mine. Thanks for the advise.

I do think mine would benefit from a bit lighter trigger, though. I may have to find that thread. I usually have a tough time with finding stuff on the search function, though. :-?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Five seveN accuracy

The very light weight and heavy trigger pull make this a tough pistol to shoot well.
The light weight is part of why I bought it. It will be a trail gun and maybe a walk around varminter.
The heavy trigger is needed because it is not a range toy, sorry $2500+ 1911 owners!
The light weight forced me watch my form, thumb preasure was my undoing.
When I do my part the little pistol is super!
It has about the same drop at 100 yards as my 17HMR S&W.
I can hit the 100 yard gong(10"dia.),2 hand hold standing, at the gun club about 1/3 of the time now, with most hits and misses called. Not an easy pistol to shoot well,but worth learning.
As to modifications, if I ever get to where I start outshooting this little pistol, I will just feel good. No changes planned!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts