FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the LGS where we were discussing the pending release of the CZ Scorpion and the Sig MPX. He then said AND HK is going to release a civi version MP5 pistol. That made me light up. Is this just some rumor that goes around every so often or has anyone here heard anything solid on this?

·
Premium Member
10,033 Posts
That would be very cool. But it also seems very un-HK. Either way, that CZ is my next firearm. I haven't been this stoked in a while.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Well.... I would love any of the 3.
My GSG clone.22 gets boring pre lawsuit or not.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Its almost funny you mention the MP5 pistol as I was at one of my LGS yesterday just window shopping killing some time on my way home from work and he mentioned to me that HK was going to be releasing a civi version supposedly 2nd quarter 2015....I promptly told him I'll take one when it arrives..

But in the mean time I have been looking for something to add to the collection and haven't made up my mind yet but I'm leaning heavily towards the Scorpion..

Reactions: 17heavy

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its almost funny you mention the MP5 pistol as I was at one of my LGS yesterday just window shopping killing some time on my way home from work and he mentioned to me that HK was going to be releasing a civi version supposedly 2nd quarter 2015....I promptly told him I'll take one when it arrives..

But in the mean time I have been looking for something to add to the collection and haven't made up my mind yet but I'm leaning heavily towards the Scorpion..
Well I guess two rumors makes it more official than just one.:icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I love my HK's so I would take it if offered in a heartbeat. I got most of my HK thru him so I'm hoping there is a 51% or better chance of it happening! lol

Reactions: LESTER

·
Premium Member
10,033 Posts
Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the looks of the MPX quite a bit. But that price on the CZ and mags makes it damn attractive to my skinny wallet.
I just wonder if the CZ aftermarket folding stocks will be somewhere less than impossible to find for an SBR build. If they are and eform 1s are still running 30-45 days, I probably wouldn't bother with the Sig brace version. I'm going to end up with a pile of those to match the one I've got going on stock magpul M4 adjustable stocks.

·
Premium Member
10,033 Posts
I just wonder if the CZ aftermarket folding stocks will be somewhere less than impossible to find for an SBR build. If they are and eform 1s are still running 30-45 days, I probably wouldn't bother with the Sig brace version. I'm going to end up with a pile of those to match the one I've got going on stock magpul M4 adjustable stocks.
Good point on the stock. I figure (read hope) by the time I get my hands on one, and get the Form 1 back, they'll be more ubiquitous...or , at least, "greater than unicorn" availability wise. I'll have the cash to spring for the gun in February. I'm not sure of the actual release date, and I'm sure the gun itself will be scarce at first.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm a sub-gun nut and am already in line for the MPX. I'd been hoping CZ was going to release the new Scorpion and that one is also going to be in my collection. Both are very exciting products and the MPX, while more expensive is going to have some interesting caliber conversions available.

The HK platform is what got me hooked on sub-guns and I'm probably up to 4-5 models of the MP5/K platform - yes I have a problem. There have been allot of posts on HKPro for the last 2 years or so about the models HK announced for civi releases at SHOT. Most of that has quieted down (much to the chagrin of a few people that sold their converted G36's) with the news of HK's financial difficulties and potential (perhaps probable) sale of their US operation. I haven't kept up totally but most of the thinking is that this will kill or postpone any move by HK into the civi legal market for the next couple years because of where the tooling sits (Germany) and the regulations against export of assault rifles (both German and US), etc.... That's all a bunch of speculation but that's what I've come to understand. Which means - jump in on the Sig, the CZ or both - it's a good time to be a sub-gun lover. Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.