FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built a "few" ar's as I couldn't pass up on the prices. I can't believe what the are going for now. I built mine for about $420 shipped. Anderson arms lowers $39.99, LPK + 6pos butt stock $79, Complete upper with BCG and C handle $289. DPMS is currently offering their Oracle series(dust cover and F assist) for $499 after $50 rebate.
For $799 shipped, you can get a Rock River lar15 with Hogue 6pos stock, 2 stage trigger and $159 rear site bridge for an eotech. http://www.slickguns.com/product/rock-river-arms-lar-15-tactical-car-a4-ar1200-556-nato-16-hogue6pos-stock-blk-30-rd-19-87900

I hear that shops and MFG's have AR15's stocked to the ceilings in their warehouses.

If you are looking to get one, there hasn't been a better time than the present!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I went to a gun show in dayton ohio a few weekends ago and they were everywhere for cheap. I got tired of looking at them.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The deals come up on one of our sponsor's site slickguns.com I got mine through PSA. The Ptac are great little uppers. I have had no problems with them at all. The jacked the prices up on the lowers, but they should drop again soon...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/anderson-lower-receiver.html

Product NameSKUPriceQtySubtotal
Subtotal for 2$579.98
PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle45240$289.99

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
They over built because of 1st quo 2013 "gold rush" and did not compensate for the change in lower sales!! Now over stocked..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not all of then are quality though. My buddy just bought a 450$ ar.. I PROMISE the trigger is a 20pound trigger. Doesn't feed right. Has mag issues,FTF issues.. BUT in its defense. It is new

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I've seen a couple AR's for $450 or just under. Hard to find AK's for less than that.

·
Registered
703 Posts
So as a consumer I think this is great. I look forward to the good deals out there and those to come.

As an enthusiast I have to wonder... is this good for us/our cause?

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And my point was... AS the lower end AR's get cheaper, the higher end have started to follow(hence the Rock River $799). The RR is a quality gun all the way around. I don't really put it at the high end, but I do place it in the upper middle. I haven't had any more issues out of the lower end Ptac than I have with any other AR/SCar. Now the barrel is probably the weekest part of the gun as I chose my own parts kits. ON my RR Predator, I like the 2 stage trigger, but only at the range. I prefer a single stage trigger in real world or SHTF scenerios ;) I am sure tax return season will help draw down these supplies, but I have a feeling there are stilll going to be piles of these afterwards!!

Reactions: Hellfire

·
Registered
927 Posts
In 20 years time will this be the current generation "$59 Chinese SKS" or was it $39? I don't know because who in the hell wanted a SKS when Mak90 were $179! I was so dumb then.

With the current prices, I have already built one and my wife bought me the FN15. I have a Saker edition lower on the way and will probable buy a couple more lowers and piece them together over time or maybe sooner.

A person can't go wrong with having one or two really cheap AR's for just messing around. By cheap I mean sub $500.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I concur, not only are AR's cheaply priced but the entire used gun market is " soft ". Just sold a Norinco AK for $700 , not bad but at least it went to a friend, also seen a Scar 16 go for 2k used. Seems like to sell a NEW gun buyer's want to only pay less than " dealer cost " ( ie: PS90 ) FN dealer cost is $1150.... I picked a LE one up for $1100 on GB.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
There are some real deals to be had out there for entry level rifles. For those new to the platform it is a good place to start. They can then work their way up the food chain as they increase their knowledge and experience. You can never stop at one.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
It would be a good time to buy a few spare stripped lowers, e.g., PSA occasionally has ten packs. Buying AR lowers is a great and inexpensive way to build a little inventory.

Speaking (sadly) from experience, avoid the old "Coulda', Shoulda' Woulda'" regrets. I should have bought a full auto back in 1985. I could have bought a case of ARs for close to $300 each, and later it was case lots of AK semi-autos I could have bought for even less money. I always figured I can get those anytime I need them.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I concur, not only are AR's cheaply priced but the entire used gun market is " soft ". Just sold a Norinco AK for $700 , not bad but at least it went to a friend, also seen a Scar 16 go for 2k used. Seems like to sell a NEW gun buyer's want to only pay less than " dealer cost " ( ie: PS90 ) FN dealer cost is $1150.... I picked a LE one up for $1100 on GB.
same here on the ps90 and no credit card charge either

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL, I had 3 poly lowers in my safe to keep just for SHTF times, plus they only cost me $29 back when I got them. I thought about making some builds out of them, but then found some anderson arms lowers for $39. I should have got more than 3 of them. Just blows my mind that you can build a complete AR for $420(minus rear sights) and about a year ago the same build was going for $2300 and up after sandy hook. God I wish I had a "way back machine" :(

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Notice how scars hold value...

My cousin just wouldn't listen to me.

·
Registered
641 Posts
God I wish I had a "way back machine" :(
While you're in the past, pick me up some .22lr bricks will ya?

But yeah, AR building has been my weekend hobby for a couple of months now thanks to affordable parts. Got another project this weekend. A 10.5" barrel AR pistol with one of those SIGTAC SB-15 "arm braces". Didn't care for them until I shouldered one at a recent gun show. I'm a believer now.

Reactions: Donnie
1 - 20 of 35 Posts