FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I'm in the market for a brand new Five Seven but don't seem to be able to tack down a supplier who currently has the gun in stock.
Any leads ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Several dozen listed on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several dozen listed on Gunbroker.
Thank you. Yes, I noticed that, but prices seem to be nonrealistic.
What should be the going rate a brand new MKII ? I can even get it for 1,300$ in a local store in NJ of all places.
Was expecting better deals on-line

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The NJ store can not source them from the 2 wholesalers they work with. No supply. But they quoted an MSRP of 1,328$.
The issue with NJ is that one needs to apply for a permit to purchase a gun. I've only got 30 days left on my current permit (valid for 3 months).

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Was expecting better deals on-line
After you pay shipping and transfer fees, depends on what you call a deal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just keep looking
every now and then someone on gunbroker has them up for 1150 to 1200 fixed price, but that was the cheapest I have seen them BNIB.

·
Registered
72 Posts
After 3 weeks of hard searching all over the web and following up on leads I found my replacement FDE MKII at my LGD by chance. They had it listed at $1,190 paid $1,150 plus tax & background check. This dealer doesn't jack up their prices like some of the crooks out there.

If your in the market for a black MKII I might be able to help you out send me a PM. Also a tip for NJ, You can have the 20rnd mags shipped to EA (separately) from FFL for mag block mod to 15rnds to meet NJ regulation crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
876 Posts
The NJ store can not source them from the 2 wholesalers they work with. No supply. But they quoted an MSRP of 1,328$.
The issue with NJ is that one needs to apply for a permit to purchase a gun. I've only got 30 days left on my current permit (valid for 3 months).
Sorry yves I curious. What do you mean you have only 30 days left on your permit. What happens if it expires? And why do you have only 90 days to buy a gun. I've never heard of that. Do they make you pay for the permit? If NJ only gives you 90 days and you have to pay for the permit to buy a gun what if some friend or family member gifts you a gun?

P.S. Sorry for my stupidity. I've just never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sorry yves I curious. What do you mean you have only 30 days left on your permit. What happens if it expires? And why do you have only 90 days to buy a gun. I've never heard of that. Do they make you pay for the permit? If NJ only gives you 90 days and you have to pay for the permit to buy a gun what if some friend or family member gifts you a gun?

P.S. Sorry for my stupidity. I've just never heard of such a thing.
Yes, some states in the NE are very restrictive. Applying for the permit is a pain and involves a background check.
I just moved here from GA (Alpharetta) and...it's a different world.
Fortunately I have a ranch in Central Oregon, which is where I buy all my hard hitting stuff. No need or desire to get creative with the family, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, some states in the NE are very restrictive. Applying for the permit is a pain and involves a background check.
I just moved here from GA (Alpharetta) and...it's a different world.
Fortunately I have a ranch in Central Oregon, which is where I buy all my hard hitting stuff. No need or desire to get creative with the family, it's not worth it.
Thats crazy brother. I live in East Cobb on sweat mountain and work in Alpharetta/Roswell. Off Roswell Road. Sorry to hear you moved to NJ. I didn't mean for you get "creative" with family. Family member's of mine get firearms as Christmas presents. I got my father an Original Winchester 1894 that was factory engraved and one of his dream guns. He's a collector like me. I also got my brother-in-law, sister, niece firearms in the past as presents.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yves, I thought NJ had some kinda assault weapon ban, hi-cap magazine ban, and waiting period to pickup the gun. I didn't know you needed a permit. That only lasts 90days... I know you've heard this before but thats about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I wonder what asshole thought it would make it harder for criminals to get guns. Or hypothetically making it so hard for a law abiding citizen to purchase that they buy a gun from someone selling guns out of a trunk. A long time ago I used to live in New York and the laws were strict on handguns but not rifles. When I moved to Georgia I got my first semi-auto handgun and was hooked. So much less crime compared to Long Island and people were polite.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thats crazy brother. I live in East Cobb on sweat mountain and work in Alpharetta/Roswell. Off Roswell Road. Sorry to hear you moved to NJ. I didn't mean for you get "creative" with family. Family member's of mine get firearms as Christmas presents. I got my father an Original Winchester 1894 that was factory engraved and one of his dream guns. He's a collector like me. I also got my brother-in-law, sister, niece firearms in the past as presents.
I sure wish i was related to you, i never get gun given to me. Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
While I'm not from NJ, I've also noticed that they're scarce lately. I've been looking around for a few months and when I happen to find a place that had them, I'm usually about a week too late.

The problem with gunbroker is people want $1500+ and someone had one listed for $2500. That's just being ignorant with the pricing(not the $1500, but 2500). I'm LE so I can get a really good deal on one, but the place that I'm going to be purchasing from is on backorder since I think November or December.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So if you do get a fiveseven in NJ, are you allowed to have the blue tips or is that considered hollowpoint?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hollow points are allowed in NJ. The law states they can only be possessed in certain places. The allowed places are your home, gun range, or at an FFL. if you are caught transporting hollow points outside of the "exempted" locations, you will be charged the same as carrying a hand gun.

Even legal firearms owners are only allowed to transport hand guns to/from the range, FFL, or gunsmith. You can't go to the range then stop on the way home to eat at a restaurant. You can't put your range bag and pistols in the trunk, drive over to pick up a frown/relative with the pistols in the car then go to the range. You can't stop on the way home from the FFL to show your dad your newest purchase. It's very restrictive here and no one can get a permit to carry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts