FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the FNP-9 SAO with 10 rounds mags. I've been calling store shere in my area (NJ) with no luck...Some doesn't even know what the FNP is. I also tried the usual suspects (online/Buds and out of state/Tanners) but no one seem to have it. i can probably get the gun but with 16-rd mags which is illegal in NJ.

Can anybody lead me to the promised land. My Buckmark Contour 5.5 deserves a big brother at this point (or should i say big cousin since the brother is beyond my budget at this point)

arnold r.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did consider that but....

it doesn't really make much sense (financially of course) going that route. Buying the gun alone doesn't save me much from the selling price and adding about $120 to the cost (3 mags) just pushes the overall cost much higher...

i'm still hoping to find one just to try it out let alone buy...I'm concerned about the grip size/thickness since i have small hands/short fingers.

thanks sidewayz...

arnold r.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did sort of....

i've talked to a few that were willing to sell me the pistol without the mags but not much discount there. The issue was that they don't have 10 round mags available (or so i would assume). i will try again and see what happens...

Would you recommend any dealer/store/site i can call??? If you have any info, can you PM me....thanks

arnold r.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all...

first, Happy holidays to all on the forum.

i finally got it. Picked up my FNP-9 SAO last night from my FFL dealer. I must say it's really a very nice pistol. Good weight and points nicely. A few guys at the dealer tried it and said the very same thing. And do I need to mention that SA trigger, sweet.

Now the question, should i shoot it first or do i need to clean it first ??? do i need to field strip it to clean or can i just lock the slide and run a few patches thru the barrel, etc.

arnold r. :D

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
You should ALWAYS field strip a new gun and clean and reoil it before your 1st range trip.

Most manufacturers don't use packing grease - buts ome do (like HK). SO this is especially important. But, some guns may not have enough lube in critical spots.

How bad would it suck for U to go for your first trip and have the gun jam on you. You would loose confidence in the weapon.

Clean it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's what i thought...

did it for my Buckmark too...however, i remember reading somewhere in the manual that you're not supposed to use teflon-based lubricants/cleaners. i only have Rem Oil at the moment, will that do ???
what do you recommend i use for cleaning and lubrication...

arnold r.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Remoil does have teflon.

Actually - use Breakfree CLP - that is what they recommend in the manual for the other FN weapons.

I use it for everything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll try and get some.

but if i couldn't get one soon enough, will RemOil do for now. at least for the 1st time. Or should i wait till i can get CLP

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
I u sed rem oil for years on polymer guns and had no problems. But none ever stated NOT to use teflon lubricants except FN. It would probably be okay - but I won't go as far to say - go ahead and do it.

U can get Breakfree CLP in an aeresol can from Wal-Mart. I prefer the the liquid, however, because U always end up with oil in the can, but no more propellant.

I buy the Breakfree CLP in the bottle from a local sporting goods store. But, go get the can from Wal-Mart if that's all ya got time for now...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks

i'll try and swing by a gun store within the next few days. unfortunately in NJ, Walmart doesn't sell guns/ammo or related stuff. i get them from PA Walmarts.

can't wait for my 1st range session

arnold r :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts