FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted this in the AT&t thread, but thought it merited it's own thread. I am not affiliated with ringplus in any way and receive no compensation in any way. ;)

For those that don't use much data, try ringplus.com It is an ad based program,an off shoot of sprint and they offer various plans. One plan is BYOB, where you bring your own older phone, OH, it's free. There are only a few times you can sign up for free, but their pay plans can't be beat!! You can check your current phones compatibility at the site...
http://ringplus.net/ I am actually pretty happy with only paying $10 a month and the quality is the same as my last contract phone. 1 caveat is when you make a call, you have to listen to a 5 second message before your call is connected(no biggy at all).

2014 Free BYOSD Plan

• Only Available During Promotions
  • 200 Voice Minutes
  • 500 Global Text Messages
  • 10 Megabytes 3G/LTE Data
  • 2¢ per Minute
  • 2¢ per MB (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per Text
  • Extraordinary International Rates
  • Access to In-Call Apps & RingPlus Radio
  • No Contract
  • Subject to Usage "Rules of the Road"
I signed up for the free one with my old sprint Touch pro 2 as a backup phone. They also have a a few other pay plans which I signed up a $10 "bella" with a kyocera Hydro phone i got from target. they use the sprint network so your mileage may vary. I went from the sprint "Sero" program that was $35 / mos and included 500 minutes, unlimited data and text. I averaged 300 minutes a mos and 100mb of data on that plan. If you go over your limit on these plans, they are only 2 cents a minute / mb of data. I run my phone with wi-fi and use no data, unless I am on the road ;)

$1.99 BYOSD
Kate

• Ideal for the cellular minimalist
  • 50 Minutes
  • 10 SMS
  • 2¢ per MB (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage Minute & SMS
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio w/ Deals & Ads
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract
[HR][/HR]

$7.99 BYOSD
Hazel

• 300 Minutes of Voice
  • 300 Text Messages
  • 2¢ per MB (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage Minute & SMS
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract
[HR][/HR]

$9.99 BYOSD
Bella

• 400 Minutes of Voice
  • 400 Text Messages
  • 300 MB of Data (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage Minute, SMS, Data
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract

$35 Unlimited
The Rex

• Unlimited Minutes of Voice
  • Unlimited Messages of Text
  • 1.2GB of Data (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage MB
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract

Reactions: Ironminer and Spilz

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Do you know if you can keep your old number?

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a small 1 time charge to keep your old number ($7.99). I dropped my sprint account and had to wait until it was cancled and ported my old phone and number over. I used the $10 kyrocera hydro, boost mobile(sprint) phone from Target for the $10 plan. I heard that if you use a no contract phone like boost mobile, they will cancel your free account. I have had my $10 boost phone on Ringplus for a little over 2 months with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts