FN Herstal Firearms banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
My usual daily carry is my FNP45, which is also the first gun I ever bought for myself, and I recently picked up a second one that, unless a friend decides he actually wants to buy it off me, rides in my go/shop/work bag each day.

My FNP-9 used to be my primary carry pistol but has now been relegated to home defense duty.

Current round count as of (10-05-16) is 2,219.

I've been rocking my FNP .40 since about 2008. I've run 2000 + rounds through it and it has never failed me once. I'm left handed and run it as fast or faster than a right handed shooter. I've been offered more times than I can count to sell it but I'll never give it up.

I bought one a year ago, lightly used and as delivered from FN. I figured it was time to try plastic and trust an auto if it worked. Working good. The only thing it choked on was some super light plinkers a buddy loads. 585fps wouldn't cycle it. But my Bullseye 620fps plinkers it likes just fine. I chose it for three reasons, 15+1, 45ACP, and the DA/SA trigger allows me to carry it like a revolver. I am having issues with the transition to the SA trigger after the DA pull, but that's a practice issue. This winter has been terrible here, and I haven't shot it enough. I don't like all the take up either, or the reset. But again it's my first pistol of this type and I just need to shoot it.

I bought the FNP-45T after my wife brought a magazine ad home featuring the 17S and 45 Tactical outfitted with suppressors and trijicons because she liked the way they looked. I ended up buying both within a year and absolutely will never sell either one. I regret every gun I've sold except the Ruger Mark III. The 45T is a nightstand gun and only has a few hundred rounds through it and usually bring it out for any visitors who end up shooting out back, crowd pleaser and it's good to get some brand awareness out there for people who are gun owners yet are unfamiliar with the FN's.

Love my FNP-9. Haven't shot ot over 100rds since I bought it new. I took it to the range one day last week but had some virgins that needed shooting first and ran out of time.

I have a FNP-357 sig that I’m going to sell or trade. Not much to say on it since I didn’t shot but maybe 1-2 boxes of ammo. When I got it 357 sig was hard to find where I lived. It was an impulse buy. Beautiful gun though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still shooting my FNP-9 USG I bought in '09 at about 1000 rounds a year I have between 5-6k through it. Nothing I find fantastic about the FNX or any of the striker fired guns to loosen my grip on it. I will carry it from time to time. My 1911 has jealousy issues with it ;)
And still shooting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still shoot my FNP-9 all the time. Actually picked up another one last month for $425. It was New Old Stock - never shot. The guide rod spring looked rusted, but after further exam it was orange in color & faded. Thought that was odd. I picked up another guide rod & spring just to be sure. Found 3 of the 16 rnd mags for $75. My son is super jealous that I have more than one FNP-9, he loves going to the range & shooting it.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.