FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucas ruined Star Wars with the prequels... Now with this cartoon... I have no plans to go see it. MAYBE I'll rent it one day...

·
Registered
356 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Lucas ruined Star Wars with the prequels... Now with this cartoon... I have no plans to go see it. MAYBE I'll rent it one day...
It's playing for free here on post later this month. I'm gonna see it just because I'm a diehard Star Wars fan.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hope it's good but after the prequels, my expectations are low...

I read an article about how Lucas wrote the prequels and it was totally backwards. He told his art department to come up with different worlds, ships, etc. and then after picking the designs he liked, he wrote the story incorporating those things. -Imagine writing a story where you create scenes just so you can showcase a creature or robot or whatever...

If you listen to him in interviews, it's clear that he approaches this more as a painter than as a writer. That means you get something that is visually impressive but not coherent or compelling as a story. -With the original movies it was a collaborative process where George Lucas was reined in from his tendency to do dumb things. Now, he's King George and he is surrounded by sycophants who enable his bad impulses.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Just saw Clone Wars.......... it's better than I thought it was. I thought it would be cartoonish/childish, it wasn't, and was pretty good overall. I'd go see it again, this time at night, that way not too many little kids with their parents don't show up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts