FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does Anyone Choose to Carry SS197 over SS198? I carry SS198 but after watching a number of gel tests and the such, I am wondering if I should be carrying SS197. If you carry SS197, why do you carry that round over others?

·
Registered
596 Posts
To be honest, I have both. I also have SS195. My experiments using ballistic gel actually produced similar results...although the SS197 seems to fragment more...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I honestly like SS197 better for the same reasons you mentioned in your other thread, but I think either of them should work just fine. The 12" penetration standard is overemphasized IMO. Training and shot placement are way more important.

·
Registered
21 Posts
although i am a big fan of the ss198, i have some very minor concerns over local leo (who will disarm your cch and check your ammo) misunderstanding what an actual ss198 round is. for that reason, i rarely carry ss198 outdoors.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
although i am a big fan of the ss198, i have some very minor concerns over local leo (who will disarm your cch and check your ammo) misunderstanding what an actual ss198 round is. for that reason, i rarely carry ss198 outdoors.
I think you are worried about nothing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Without due cause you can have your ammo checked? Unless that's a game warden, then you might as well be living in China.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
In 32 years I've never checked what ammo was in a weapon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts