Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new here, and looking to purchase either a FNX FDE or a Tactical in FDE. For folks who've researched/debated between these guns, anyone else spend hours torn between which one to purchase? For me, it's purely just deciding if the extra cash is worth it. It's a an opinionated question, but interested in what others think....

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just curious, higher FNX Tactical Sales in FDE or in Black?

Hey,

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, and/or if FN publishes this level of information. I'm just curious if the Tactical has higher sales in FDE, or in Black. Anyone know? :| THANKS

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Fnx 45 in fde, and I wish I would have waited and saved a little more for the tac. I want to suppress one of my pistols and the Fnx is top of my list. Unfortunately finding a threaded barrel is proving a futile attempt in my case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm currently stationed in a state that doesn't allow suppressors, but still have a tac version with the hopes of moving to a less-restrictive location. The tactical version is generally more desirable and would be easier to sell if you should ever want to part ways with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If only us poor saps living in the "great" state of California had such a dilemma! Unfortunately, pistols with a threaded barrel are a no-no here (unless you get a bullet button).

Even regular FNX-45s are "off roster" pistols that require some extra headache to obtain. Thankfully, I pick up my FDE FNX-45 in a week!

To the OP, I say get the FNX-45 Tac - if only because you can!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Unless you are going to buy a suppressor the tactical is a waste of money period.
…or want built-in night sights and option for a red dot. I'm not saying the 45 tac is best thing ever -- everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I went with the Tac because I like the all FDE pistol over the two-tone, plus I'll be getting a can for it. Still up in the air as to mounting a MRDS on it (nice to have the option, just wasn't that high on my priority list)

·
Registered
604 Posts
I like my standard FNX quite a bit. I'm sure FN or some after-market company will offer threaded barrels for them eventually and I'm in no great hurry. If the desire to suppress is to do something sooner rather than later, get the TAC. And I do like the built-in platform for a mini-RDS of the TAC, too.

·
Registered
272 Posts
if you're not worried about night sights and threaded barrel buy whichever one you can find that the mag falls out of.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I recently layaway'd a FNX 45 Tactical (black) in early Dec, even though I wanted the FDE. Well, this past Thursday the FFL emailed me advising that they received a NIB FNX 45 TACTICAL (FDE) and asked if I wanted to switch, well duh! Yes! I chose the Tac mainly because of the attractiveness and the ability to mount a red dot. I already have (2) FNX 45 pistols (1-SS and 1-Blk).

Get the FDE TACTICAL!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.