FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Decent for plinking. Under no circumstances would I ever rely on it. And isn't this kind of like putting 14 inch wheels on a Ferrari? Buy once...cry once IMHO

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
PA usually makes a very good budget dot sight but.......I really don't think they are up to the SCARs unusual recoil properties. I've got a couple of their sights, work great on my 10/22 and T/C Encore.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I bought that one to try on my ps90. The mount will be to low on your 16 without a riser. In bright sun, I could see a reflection of my forehead, probably from the front coating. Annoyed me so I gave it to my son. Works well on his 10/22. If you don't want to fork out the dough for an aimpoint, try Vortex.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You should give the new Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 a look. It comes out shortly (end of March beginning of April timeframe) and is only $329. I have one pre-ordered already through camera land.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the link. The article read like any other cheerleader article I read in gun mags, but the comments below were what I needed to hear. The optic was intended for my 16 so recoil should not be a concern. The battery life is what caught my eye but perhaps waiting and saving for the Aimpoint would be the wiser choice.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$100 optic on a $2000 rifle.

Way to think it through.
In a snarky mood today old chap? If an optic has a low price but is of high quality one should ignore it if favor of one that is higher priced simply for the sake of vanity? Was just looking for information to make informed choices.

·
Registered
195 Posts

It's on the PA page you linked. Personally, I'm going to pick one up in the near future. I'd say a scar deserves an aimpoint, but I have little doubt that this little optic can hold its own. Ignore the naysayers, we can't all put an aimpoint on every gun we own. That's not to say that you shouldn't get the real deal if possible, but I understand if you cant. If it's for duty use, or HD, use AP. The peace of mind is worth it. And before negative comments ensue about the video, please actually take the time to watch it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
In a snarky mood today old chap? If an optic has a low price but is of high quality one should ignore it if favor of one that is higher priced simply for the sake of vanity? Was just looking for information to make informed choices.
Well I think you have your answer mate.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not sure if this is helpful, but I'll add it. I read some reviews and decided to purchase a primary arms RDS. Uhh.... This one.

When I was sighting the RDS, I had a helluva time. Each time I made adjustments, tightening the locking screws would move the zero. Drove me crazy! It took 200 rounds just to sight we weapon in.

BUT, after I was done... I've taken that weapon out to the range several times in the past year and it's held perfect zero. I thought I wasted my cash at first, but now, I'd recommend one in a heartbeat with the understanding that sighting is a PITA.

Constuction is better than what I see that usually comes outta China. I've bumped mine around several times with no issues.

Jason

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nope, I've seen a small reflection in my Bushnell TRS-25 which I think is a small aimpoint style clone as you're looking at, but the optics on my site have no reflection issues and the dot is very sharp. I've seen the internal reflection on some other aimpoint clones (but not on aimpoints!) so that may be an inherent design problem with the Chinese rebranded ones of that particular style. The internal reflection isn't visible when I'm sighted in on my Bushnell, just when I peer through it at an angle that the dot is barely visible, I see a second feint dot.

Jason

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
$100 optic on a $2000 rifle.

Way to think it through.
It's a ~$1000 rifle (probably a bit less), we just pay $2k for it due to arms export/import bs.

Reactions: Hairlesswookiee

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes, everyone that spends $2k+ on a rifle has another $2k to spend on optics just laying around, else they're better off waiting years saving up that $2k for the better optic rather than spending a measly $100 now so as to have something on their weapon while they save for something better. Seems like you'd have to be some sort of elitist douchebag to think like that. I'm a believe in buy once, cry once, but sometimes, cost is prohibitive. I'd like to buy once a Ferrari and a big house, but we all gotta start somewhere.

Jason

1 - 20 of 23 Posts