FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get pics of this little toy. As well as more info.

"HK MP5 clone made with HK parts but chambered in .45acp. It was made by Special Weapons Inc. but is no longer made, it was a limited run. Here is what it looks like but it has a fake suppressor to make it legal and a straight mag."

[url]http://www.specialweaponsinc.com/SWA5.htm [/url]

Anyone seen one of these? The guy wants 1400.00 for it. Says its a low mileage safe queen. Who knows. Can't hurt to go look at it I guess.

TA

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought and recieved an item from him off of gunbroker. The transaction was good and he was honest with the item. His shop has strange hours, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I remember seeing a specialweapons .45 a few years ago, and I nearly bought it. The NIB price was $1600. I only handled it at a gun show, and did not have an opportunity to fire it. It used grease gun magazines.

I thought the welding around the magazine well was a little crudely done, but the rest looked all right. There are those who will suggest that you run in the opposite direction with your money firmly clenched in your hand, though.

You can assemble a .45 ACP AR-15 for much less than $1400. The Cavalry Arms MKII lower, with a .45 Oly upper, a Hahn mag block and the Slash buffer makes for a fine .45 carbine! :D

If you want a shooter, I recommend the AR route. If you want some thing completely different, the special weapons may just be what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the replies.

:wink: TA

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have seen a couple of Special Weapons guns and one looked terrible - finish was uneven and my buddy said it was "semi-reliable". I know he wasn't real happy with it. I saw another one at a range once I thought looked great. I know thats only 2 but it seems like they might be hit or miss. I don't know.

But, I own a Vector V89 (mp5k clone) that I SBR'd. It runs like a champ. I have never had a problem. i shoot it with and without my Trident 9. I have almost 1K rounds throug it with only one FTE that may or may not have been my fault. The finish is sweet and it real tight all around. I can highly recommend a Vector!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts