FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have one. I like it alot. It cants and swivels. Legs are independently adjustable. Its a foregrip as well.
Thanks Huggie. Really like the way this one looks and may go for it, if it's quality. Is it a T-Pod G2 and bought through the Mako group out of NY . . .

Foregrips - FAB Defense - EXPECT MORE

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the T-POD G2 QR. I didn't get mine thru Mako, was ordering some other parts from a major vendor and added it to the list.
It will work in a pinch as a bipod, it does not offer near the stability of an Atlas. I have an Atlas on one of my M1A's, I swap it to the 17 if shooting from the bench.
The model your looking at has the "cant and pan" or swivel and tilt ability, mine is cant/tilt only. It has no ability to lock this feature down which is off putting to some users.
I went this route as I intended for the 17s to be mainly used as a carbine but still have the ability to provide a stable platform in a pinch.
If I was looking at a DMR role it would definitely be Atlas.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the T-POD G2 QR. I didn't get mine thru Mako, was ordering some other parts from a major vendor and added it to the list.
It will work in a pinch as a bipod, it does not offer near the stability of an Atlas. I have an Atlas on one of my M1A's, I swap it to the 17 if shooting from the bench.
The model your looking at has the "cant and pan" or swivel and tilt ability, mine is cant/tilt only. It has no ability to lock this feature down which is off putting to some users.
I went this route as I intended for the 17s to be mainly used as a carbine but still have the ability to provide a stable platform in a pinch.
If I was looking at a DMR role it would definitely be Atlas.
Thanks for the input batjac. I'll investigate it more.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Get an Atlas Bi-pod. The FAB is mostly plastic.

Reactions: RHINOWSO and SHOOT

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks SONYtec. Just lookin right now. But, you know anything about their above grip and if it fits our 17/16's?

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Thanks SONYtec. Just lookin right now. But, you know anything about their above grip and if it fits our 17/16's?
Won't fit, the one you link is for the FAL and even their AR grip would need to be modified to fit the SCAR.

Reactions: SHOOT

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
SCAR 16/17 has a Picatinny rail system. If an item was made to mount on that system, your good to go.

Reactions: SHOOT
1 - 14 of 14 Posts