FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for firing pins for the 16 & 17 and came across this website.
Since everyone else is sold out of OEM parts I was curious if they were a viable alternative.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Searching for firing pins for the 16 & 17 and came across this website.
Since everyone else is sold out of OEM parts I was curious if they were a viable alternative.
If you need one, give it a try & verify with the seller that they have a return policy. You'll be able to tell if it's an OEM equivalent by holding it up to your original...

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks HK. Sent you a PM. since it's only a $28 gamble I'll go ahead and try the 16 firing pin. Trying to get a few maintenance spares together.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I believe I have two that are not factory firing pins. Not sure if I sold one of them when I recently sold a ton of spare parts. I wish someone would have told me SCAR's don't break before I bought all that stuff lol. But I know I test fired 20 rounds with each one, and they both worked fine. Also, one was a light weight firing pin. Possibly titanium ? The other I bought online from a Dentist of all things. It was right after Sandy Hook happened, and parts were hard to come by. But I couldn't tell the difference between it and the OEM one. But they both worked. If you or anyone else finds themselves in need of a firing pin or want them, PM me. Just thought I'd share my experience with non OEM firing pins.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the advantage of titanium? Besides lighter weight. Replied to your PM HK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If its just for spare parts, you can submit a notification at MGW and buy one of the next batch. I did the same with some spare parts a bit ago. Just be prepared to hit the buy button as soon as you get the email notification.

The only thing that sucks is that none of the spare parts came in at the same time so I had to pay shipping on each item. For such small parts, it sucks to pay $10 shipping multiple times for multiple small parts. Guess it could be worse - it could be multiple hazmat fees for 1# jugs of powder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts