FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reviews....pics?? Maybe your brother's, co-worker's, 2nd cousin's - twice removed, roommate has one? I would like to get one, but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I gotta tell ya man... that thing is way over-priced. I bought an Aimpoint Comp XD off of a guy on Ebay for like $217.50 shipped, and the guy still has more. Its a discontinued model but the only difference between it and the one they make now is the XD doesnt have a night vision setting. I dont own night vision so who cares. I dont co-wittness night vision so who cares. Trust me, you can find good stuff out there cheaper, and it doesnt necessarily have to have "tactical" in its name! It seems anymore, all tactical means is a rail or a night vision setting. 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good find with that Aimpoint Comp XD LOWMANJASON. As you know, and apparently have paid for, Aimpoints old and new are great products. But, why did you get the XD when a BSA red-dot could have done the same job?

·
Registered
225 Posts
well i had a bsa deer scope (acually still have it somewhere) and i was going to use it on my m16a4 in Iraq but it just wouldnt hold its zero. so i wasnt real confident in trying another bsa. i tried another low budget red dot and it broke after 4 rounds. and by broke i mean self-disassembeled! keep in mind that ws the second optic i tried on it. after that i decided to go with what i know.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lowmanjason is correct. You have to have confidence in your equipment. BSA may be an ok scope, but will it hold up to your demands? The Aimpoint system is combat proven to be rock solid.

I have seen BSA scopes go tits up by simply falling over while mounted on a weapon. If you only intend it for range shooting, it may be ok. It is not something I want to stake my life on.

If you can afford a good optic, get it. If not, save up for it. By once, cry once is a good motto...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I got to play with one at a gun shop yesterday. I like it. Costly, but nice. If you get the 2 MOA vesion, you can bloom it up to 4 MOA if you want. But, I liked how the 4 MOA looked and don't expect to be taking long range shots.

I will probably be getting one for my M4 next month, since I just got a call today saying there is a job for me in Baghdad. Looks like I will be there by October 28th.

·
Registered
225 Posts
well good luck over there, last i heard, the government took all the fun out of being deployed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts