FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually shot one yet? I know its supposed to shoot atleast 1 moa. Just wondering if its grouping better and with what ammo.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Still didn't go yet. Besides, I am affraid all the deer hunters will go bonkers and acuse me of being some kind of militia member. I would rather just go off-season when nobody is there and try it out.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
ick said:
Still didn't go yet. Besides, I am affraid all the deer hunters will go bonkers and acuse me of being some kind of militia member. I would rather just go off-season when nobody is there and try it out.
Hehe...

That reminds me of an outdoors writer in my local paper a few years back. He came across a girl with her father. It was the girls first time hunting and she was using an AK style rifle (7.62X39) with a 5 round mag. The writer was freaking out because there was a girl running around in the woods with an "assault" rifle. He was saying: "you might as well use a bazooka" and crap like that. Anyway, people ripped him for that and said the 7.62X39 is a good deer round for a first timer. He finally came to his senses and apologized and said he began to realize it was fine to use-probably because everyone was pissed off at him :-D

Don't worry what deer hunters think. Some of them might be jealous of you :?
I know I am :shock:

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
montanadave said:
Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com has a FNAR review posted. Hope to get to the range with mine today.
Nice writeup. Here is the direct link.

http://www.gunblast.com/FN-AR.htm

He talks alot about use in Iraq and Afghanistan. The more I think about this rifle I wonder how it would fare as a SWAT sniper rifle. Perhaps that goes without saying or something?

I have yet to even tear the thing down, lol. I have never had a rifle that I was so careful with. It is like I am scared to scratch it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
swtrucker said:
Has anyone actually shot one yet? I know its supposed to shoot atleast 1 moa. Just wondering if its grouping better and with what ammo.
With Remington match grade we have been getting better than 1 moa. I will try and post some pics of groups soon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ick said:
I am planning on using a FNAR to go after Bambi this weekend, of course the guys I hunt with will be using AR's and AK's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually had field time with the rifle, and it is a head turning piece of equipment, I had alot of ppl ask what it was, and/or they had never seen it, obviously its new. But I have really broke it in yet, and not have yet zeroed it in for Deer Hunting. But we will see. The onyl thing was since I am a lefty it kinda sucked I had half ring burn marks on my cheek :) I have to find a way to avoid that haha.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I, too am lefty. The reason I did not pick one up already is because of the crossbolt safety.

So gas blow-by is also a problem for us?

How about the magazines--construction, weight...are they similar enough to, say, FAL or other common mags to mod?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
HAHA noor....I will pay to see that :-D It was funny when I showed you pic's of the '90...your jaw dropped LOL :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea it did man, it just makes me more eager to go pick one up now!, haha, but you will soon as soon as the weather gets warm again.

healthcommando

To answer your question, I had no problem with the Gas Blow-By just the Brass fly-bys lol, but the magazine is a 20 round capicity, weight of the gun is perfect, I plan on using it for Hunting once I get my hands on some 10 round magazines. I know I heard they said AR10 mags would work but they don't which sucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts