FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have ever sold an FNP-9, what did you get out of it, and where did you make the sale?

I was thinking of selling mine, but not a lot of interest.

Also, though, I decided that it was probabaly best to keep it since it feeds so darn nice. I don't think I've ever had a problem feeding, extracting, or any issues whatsoever. I was just considering a metal frame gun over the polymer, but my brother thinks I would "use an automatic butt kicker" if I sold it.

But if I did, what would be a good price? Used some, probably about 500-700 rounds.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Without NS........upper $300's shipped.

I too was thinking of letting mine go, but when I actually started thinking about what I'm going to get out of it and why I wanted to sell it.......I just decided to keep it.

It's never failed me. No FTF's or FTE's. Looks great. It's something that not everbody has. Highly accurate.

The only reason I could think to sell it was that it wasn't "kool aid" enough. All my friends/shooting buddies have H&K, Glock, and Sig......and they talk ****. (jokingly)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sold my 40 for $400 to cabelas. My local gun shop wanted to take it for $250. The cabela's appraiser said it was in perfect condition and would have sold it to me for retail value if it hadn't been shot. I was honest with him and got a 98% condition. I was very satisfied with the sale.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have decided to keep my FNP-9 after all. I can't believe these aren't more popular amongst polymer 9mm handguns. Mine has always fed, shot, and ejected perfectly. I was just wanting to go with a metal framed handgun, but I guess I'll have to stick with the polymer.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow after looking at that site, im kinda suprised that H&K isnt on that list........not that i am putting down the FNP....it is a great hand gun and i would love to add it to my collection. I would have had it sooner but tuition keeps going up every damn semester! Ok.....after a second look at the site i know why!! ugh forgive me.

The rules: The guns must be great shooters, reliable, good quality, and cost less than $550 USD new from a gun dealer. The $550 rule will exclude many fine 9mm pistols and competition guns.

Testing

As the USP was developed at the same time as the SOCOM MK23, the pistol underwent much of the same rigorous testing. The barrel is cold-forged from chromium steel for increased life. USP barrels post-1994 use a polygonal profile, whereas 1994 and earlier models utilize traditional 'land and grooves' rifling. During testing, a bullet was deliberately lodged in a USP barrel. Another cartridge was then fired into the obstructing bullet. The second bullet cleared the barrel, resulting in a barely noticeable bulge. The pistol was then fired for accuracy and the resulting group measured less than 4 inches at 25 meters.

Temperature testing required the USP be frozen to −42 °C and fired, frozen again, and then be heated up to 67 °C and fired. These temperature tests were continually repeated with no adverse effects on the USP.

The gun was also subjected to NATO MIL-SPEC mud and rain tests, which were passed without difficulty. Water immersion and salt spray also presented no problems. German Navy combat divers have used the USP for two years without any signs of corrosion.

Safety testing exceeded the ANSI/SAAMI requirements adopted in May 1990. These included dropping a USP with a primed cartridge and decocked hammer on a variety of hard surfaces without discharging. The USP surpassed these commercial requirements, as well as German Army and police tests, including repeated drop tests from six feet (1.8 m), hammer first, onto a steel backed concrete slab. Proof round firing resulted in no cracks, deformations, or increase in head space. Attempts to fire the USP pistol with an unlocked breech proved unsuccessful.

Testing with a variety of ammunition proved the USP meets these high standards. During the USP testing phase, it was shown the recoil-reduction system reduces the force on the USP grip to approximately 300 newtons (67 pounds-force). Peak force shock on competing .40 caliber polymer and metal framed pistols was around 5,000 newtons (1,100 pounds-force). The primary benefit of low peak shock is a decrease in wear and tear on pistol components, a great concern with the +P cartridge in 9 mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. Reduction of peak shock forces also contributes to softer recoil for the shooter, although these "felt recoil" values are much more subjective.
Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_USP :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
"The rules: The guns must be great shooters, reliable, good quality, and cost less than $550 USD new from a gun dealer. The $550 rule will exclude many fine 9mm pistols and competition guns. If you don't agree or have other choices, you can sound off in the Guest Book. Enjoy.
Note: The haggle price is the best deal you should get from your local dealer."

SIG'sand HK's cost a tab too much to be on that list. :-D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yea, i saw that....i had to edit my post....but you beat me to that bf i could finish that :oops: my apologies
personally, i would take an H&K any day over a sig.....just me speaking though....i have both lol...although i dont consider the mosquito to really count since it is only a 22lr/ "Plinker" Im not trying to start a huge debate either....lol :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
That's okay... I only have one HK. A P7 Commercial. :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
You cant go wrong with H&K or FN for that matter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
These things are going to be about as popular used as Sigmas for a while now. I'm not knocking the gun. I think mine is great. They're just underadvertised and.........the FCG problems have probably been over publicized.

I periodically examine everything I have in inventory (AKA collection) to see if I really want to keep it. With the FNP, I've got too much rolled up in it to let it go cheap. I probably paid on the high end of the fair price range for it new and have purchased additional mags. So I'm thinking of moving it into either HD or regular carry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Orion if you still want to sell it, PM me. Let me know where you are located and if it happens to be near by I am interested!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bleaman, MO is a fair distance from PA. :)

For a pistol that is already broken in (which is something that actually makes it better than a new one, IMHO), I think I would be unwise to sell it for anything less than $450. Thanks for your interest anyway. I hope you can get one. As I said, I've never had a problem with mine. :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts