FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think this one was milled improperly (rear sight and/or rear sight groove). Skip to 3:48 for the shooting comparison.

LMK what you think... it shoots about 9 inches to the right at 15 yards. For me.

Options? The front sight is pinned... does anyone make an "offset" front sight for this type? I don't really want to try filing the rear sight groove. I suppose I should contact S&W...

I compared it with my Model 37 (about the same size and weight) and the 37 shoots center mass. I don't shoot either one particularly well... those 12+ pound J-frame triggers are difficult to manage. :oops:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I tried some .357 loads in it but cried like a little girl. They frickin' HURT in a 13-ounce gun. I'd rather smash my hand with a ball-peen hammer. LOL

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing the Pro series 640 with dovetailed nightsites and factory cut for full moon clips. These are drift adjustable.
178044_01_lg.jpg

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've shot a 640 and it's much more pleasant than the scandium-framed suckers. Still packs a hell of a wallop, though. I dig the sights on that one in your post.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You should send that back to S&W. That's def not right. Every J-frame I've owned or ever seen has had a dead-on center front sight. Just traded my M&P 340 for a 340 PD. Both are great guns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts