FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, anyone have an opinion or an alternate suggestion? I'm going to be purchasing an EOTech EXPS3-2 for my soon to be MGW modificated 300BLK 16s and would prefer lens covers for the sight. I did some interweb surfing and found the GG&G version which seems well made but I have no experience with GG&G at all. Thanks!

View attachment 39036

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes, I had one on my eotech for a while - then took it off.
- the good - it is well made and the covers do what they are supposed to do. they are easy to open without opening accidentally.
- the bad - it detracted from the two-eyes-open-wide field of view. the hood/lens cover combo 'fills in' the space that exists between the stock eotech hood and the actual sight, making a thick black wall around the site window. this may or may not matter to everyone, I found it distracting and slowed down my presentation.

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the feedback, that is something to consider.

- the good - it is well made and the covers do what they are supposed to do. they are easy to open without opening accidentally.
- the bad - it detracted from the two-eyes-open-wide field of view. the hood/lens cover combo 'fills in' the space that exists between the stock eotech hood and the actual sight, making a thick black wall around the site window. this may or may not matter to everyone, I found it distracting and slowed down my presentation.

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would either one of you be willing to snap me a photo so I can get a visual on this, please? It would be appreciated, thanks!

I have one on my EXPS3 and like it. Problems listed above are there but worth the trade off to me.

Reactions: roaddog359

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can deal with that, it isn't too wide where it would interfere with both eyes open, I don't think! At least I hope it won't. Thanks Man, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Much obliged... :?

This should do it. I only notice the space filled in a little and it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Op, looks like Wargamhub took care of it - I took a few shots last night of the host my XPS3 sits on (HK13E) - think his pictures are better but I do like the product - seen here with a GG&G quick release.

Through the site...

Good luck - like mine but the form factor kind of steers me toward the older 512 models on allot of platforms. Best, Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts