FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any pictures of their guns with factory night sights. I'm hoping to see what the front sight and sight picture looks like before I order an FNS 9c. If I don't like them, I may just get the regular sights and wait for something to come out later.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I have two questions, one, is that front sight small, medium, or large like the non-night sight version? Second, I know the camera distorts perception, but do the three dots appear to be the same brightness in the dark? I'd like to see a closeup of the front sight if you have time.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sheepdogged,
I am not sure of what you mean by small, medium or large size like the non night sight version. I only saw an FNS with standard sights once and from what I remember the front sights were about the same size, however, the rear sights on the 3 dot white version are bigger than the rears with night sights. To make things worse the rear night sights are ringed with what appears to be a silver outline making it difficult to see in the daytime. In the dark the front and rear sights seem to be the same brightness. I do not like the night sights on my gun, I only bought it because it had no safety and because my LGS did not have any standard sight guns coming in. Hope this helps. J L

·
Registered
39 Posts
...just a couple of pictures showing what the Trijicon HD sights I installed on my FNS-9C look like in interior lighting and total darkness. Couple of caveats: photos were taken with a smart phone, the front sights light dots look smaller in camera view, but to naked eye they are almost of equal size. The front sights orange luminescene WILL FADE, but the green tube is ALWAYS active and as the orange fades you WILL NOT lose any "lighted view". When "charged", the orange luminescence is brighter than the green tube, if you blow up the picture you can make out the green tube in center of orange.

HDZ.jpg GrnOrg.jpg Grn.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like those Trijicon HD sights. I'd absolutely love them and never look at another sight if they made the rear sight a single tritium vial.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like those Trijicon HD sights. I'd absolutely love them and never look at another sight if they made the rear sight a single tritium vial.
On "OpticsPlanet.com" you can purchase the Trijicon FNH front sights individually if you like. For those companies making single vial/dot rear sights, you would have to contact them and see if the rear sight can be purchased individually.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If there are others out there that have pictures of their night sights, or any sights, I'm still eager to see more, especially if you have good close ups. What I'm really interested in seeing with the night sights is the size of the dot (and amount of the white space in between). I've seen some that look slightly different from one another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts