FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I will be putting this on my FiveseveN once I get it home in 7 days. Anyone have this combo on theirs? I saw a pic of someone else that had this combo on their FiveseveN and really liked the way it looks on the gun. If you do have this light / laser combo is it a nice fit to the weapon? Thanks , Mike

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I have not tried it, but I have read several comments on the version of that light without the laser. The light is small, so it only has 1 battery instead of two. Reports are that it is not bright at all.

I've read many people state that they were disappointed in the light.

You may want to reconsider.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShipWreck said:
I have not tried it, but I have read several comments on the version of that light without the laser. The light is small, so it only has 1 battery instead of two. Reports are that it is not bright at all.

I've read many people state that they were disappointed in the light.

You may want to reconsider.
Hey ShipWreck here is a pic I found with it on a FiveseveN. You really think it is too small? As for brightness it should be ok as it would see limited use. Not on for long periods of time. Plus it looks like it won't add hardly any weight to the gun. I will give a performance update once I get it. Thanks , Mike

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
It is my understanding that the lumens are much less than the 2 battery lights of similar design. It supposedly comes no where near the level to blind someone if you shined it in their eyes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think I'm getting the same one been researching it for a few hours now. I have the light only on my Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact and it is extremely light (no pun intended).

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
AR-BALLISTIC : PM replied to today.

I have the X2L light as well, infact I had two of them last year.
Its a great light weight light/laser.
Granted the light isn't bright enough to blind anyone, something like 40lumes but bright enough to light up a small room.
The laser is also great for its compact size.
Its size and weight are its strong points. It also fits nicely in the FiveseveN case next to the cleaning kit.
If you want something with much more lumes then get an M6 or TLR2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Ok , the Insight X2L arrived and I have to say I was disappointed and sent it back. Here is why. 1st like ShipWreck stated it's just not very bright. 2nd The laser and light do not work independent from each other. 3rd. The fit is too sloppy. Theres at least a 1/4 inch of back and forth movement once mounted. So I called Insight and discussed the FiveseveN with one of their tech guys and he recommended either the M6 or the better M6X. GLOCK VERSION as it fits the rail a bit tighter. So I bit the bullet (no pun intended) and found a great deal on an M6X on Evilbay and purchased it. For anyone interested in getting either the M6 or M6X here are the model numbers that are best for the FiveseveN:

GLOCK VERSION fits the FiveseveN better per Insight customer service:

Insight M6 w/ laser Model# TLI-000A1 90 Lumens

Insight M6X w/ laser Model# M6X-000-A8 125 Lumens and to military specs.

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
i agree with shipwreck, the X2L was designed for sub compact weapons (i believe it debuted when the sub compact XD came out) in theory its a great idea but i would not put it on a fullsize gun, i use the the M6X but I'm interested in the X200/300

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had the X2L on my first FN57 figuring I wanted as little weight as possible out front. Brightness was disappointing (only 40 lumens IIRC) so I ended up selling it and replacing it with the Streamlight TLR-2 which is not only much brighter but also has an LED (so no burnout or breakage to worry about) and the extra weight helps dampen recoil making for faster followup shots.
Tomac

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, that's my setup too. It's sturdy with its Al alloy body, attachement clamp is adjustable, and it has a very bright light for it's compact size (about 80 lumen - enough to blind). I think they also have a newer version that's even brighter at 130+ lumen if you prefer.

Overall it's a very well designed and integrated unit. They retail around $250+ or so, but I've bid and won several on eBay for around $160 - $190 (never pay retail - I always say)!

8)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the insight laser/light M3x i believe and the TLR-2 laser light, and like them both for brightness, fit and coolness, though the tlr-2 seems quite a bit sturdier compared with the plastic body of the Insight light. I unfortunately paid full bore for the tlr-2 for the wifes usg, then found the insight for around 125$ on ebay. nearly a hundred less than the streamlight.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Currently have the Streamlight TLR-2 for 209.99 with the $15.00 Discount
Original Price of 224.99
truehuntersupply.com
If you find it cheaper New PM, I will do my best to beat their price.
Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have both a M3X and a X300; the X300 is easily twice as bright as the M3X. I prefer the surefire's controls over the M3X, and it is more compact and durable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
truehuntersupply said:
Currently have the Streamlight TLR-2 for 209.99 with the $15.00 Discount
Original Price of 224.99
truehuntersupply.com
If you find it cheaper New PM, I will do my best to beat their price.
Thanks
Robert
Is this the newer version or the older one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
sig sauer STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser

sig sauer STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser, features-laser,led and strobe. i bought this on ebay the other night $124 shipping included...i'll try it out when it gets here...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts