FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw my first one today at the LGS. It felt good. It is priced about $500 below MSRP which is unusual to find one below list if not over list price on any Kel Tec. Watched some youtube videos on it. They ranged from its ok to I like it. Would like to hear from those of you here with first hand knowledge.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Limited time with one but was enough time with it to not want one. FTF, FTE, but also wasn't a big fan of .308 bullpup. Some like it and I'm not one.

*My opinion. *

Reactions: 17heavy

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I've never even seen one in person, but if I had the money I'd pick up one (NIB) at the price you mentioned.

It's a unique rifle, and regardless of KelTec's reputation for bad QC, they'll fix almost anything under warranty.

At the end of the day if you just hate the thing, you can probably still get rid of it without taking a loss.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I shot one off hand at a target 175 yards away 3 shot group in 6 inches. I thought the gun operated great, it was a bit heavy for me, but by no means do I hate the platform. I myself would love to own one.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Just my .02.. hey if you can get it for really cheap use it and turn around and sell it and still get your money back if you don't like it go for it but if you're buying it at a high price and you're not going to get your money back don't do it but that's my $0.02

^^^What MAC Said^^^

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've watched a few Kel Tec reviews by Mac and it seems he either has the worst luck of all Kel Tec owners or they just make sh!tty weapons in general that bring a very high price tag.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Held one at a gun shop. Heavy but balances well. Fully ambi controls right out of the box. That trigger is amazing, best I have seen on a bullpup.
18in barrel and 308. What's not too like. Unique that's for sure.

Could not afford it though :(

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Wish they would make 1 in 5.56 besides .308! There also have been many issues with guns when 1st released from many comp.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Have you been over the Keltec forum???

KTOG.org

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Have you been over the Keltec forum???

KTOG.org
Am a member there and have many of their toys! All work fine! LOL
Their PLR 16 is fantastic with the front hand-guard attachment, perfect Zombie Slayer!
I've experienced nothing but FTF's and FTE's with my shooting bud's Keltech's: (PF-9, RFB, KSG). In addition, the spot weld that held one of the recoil springs to the bolt carrier of his RFB had broken. Keltech doesn't know sh*t from Shinola!

"fantastic" company:lol:!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts