FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one, but was unable to get close & personal it it.

Im thinking it would make a good stablemate to my fnx45

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I have one and love it. Be aware that it is noticeably heavier than a standard 1911. Great range gun and would work well as a holstered sidearm.

Some additional notes, it is built like a tank. The older versions with the standard black finish and wood grips left a little to be desired, but if you can find on that is blued with the machined aluminum grips, it is a beautiful pistol as well if that is important to you.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I saw one, but was unable to get close & personal it it.

Im thinking it would make a good stablemate to my fnx45
Yes, it is A+

Will outshoot your FNX, if you're not careful :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will outshoot your FNX, if you're not careful :)
My CZ 97B certainly outshoots my FNX45T....by quite a margin. Nevertheless, I reserve the CZ for the range and keep the FN at the bedside.

I wouldn't give either one up; they play different roles for me.

Just sayin'....

And if you pick one up, send it here straight away: http://www.cajungunworks.com/cz-97b_-_bd.html

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

The gentlemen from Cajun Gun Works told me his unmodified 97b will keep up with his Wilson and Baer. The model I have here will embarrass the high end 1911 snobs for about $1200. In retrospect, I wish that I would have gone with s.a. d.a. trigger rather than s.a. only. I also am not a big fan of fiber optic front sights. Excellent and reliable shooter nonetheless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts