FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you elaborate? I would like to know what the negatives are if they're significant or not. That would allow me to make an informed decision. If they are minor negatives then it's no big deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Like Metroplex, I've heard mostly bad stuff about the optic. But, I can't give U any details. I've just seen many people brielfy comment that they had one and regretted buying it - then moved to something else. Sorry I can't give U any details.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on getting the Zeiss for a Beretta Storm, but for the PS90 I've already decided on a Eotech. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Well, please give a review of it in the Product Review section once U get it and have a chance to play with it. It'd be great if you could include a pic or two. So far, my Eotech review is the only optic that has a review.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
KAHR said:
Could you elaborate? I would like to know what the negatives are if they're significant or not. That would allow me to make an informed decision. If they are minor negatives then it's no big deal.
+1

I am also interested in this sight. I would like to know too.

BTW: Not knowing the details of why something is bad is like all those people that knock the 5.7x28mm round because of what they "heard some other guy" say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
tqtran said:
KAHR said:
Could you elaborate? I would like to know what the negatives are if they're significant or not. That would allow me to make an informed decision. If they are minor negatives then it's no big deal.
+1

I am also interested in this sight. I would like to know too.

BTW: Not knowing the details of why something is bad is like all those people that knock the 5.7x28mm round because of what they "heard some other guy" say.
That's crazy talk. No one on the interweb would ever make a statement without having solid tech to back up their claims!

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
tqtran said:
KAHR said:
Could you elaborate? I would like to know what the negatives are if they're significant or not. That would allow me to make an informed decision. If they are minor negatives then it's no big deal.
+1

I am also interested in this sight. I would like to know too.

BTW: Not knowing the details of why something is bad is like all those people that knock the 5.7x28mm round because of what they "heard some other guy" say.
It's just been awhile since I read the negative reviews so I forgot exactly what the problem was. I think some of the reviews are found on the "other" 5.7 website. One comment I do recall is that you must use the Weaver Z-Point on the Weaver rail, and the Picatinny Z-Point on the 1913 rail. Don't mix them up because they won't fit properly.

The ballistics of 5.7x28 aren't anything to brag about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'm aware about the two versions (picatinny/weaver), that's not even an issue really. Anyway found a semi-detailed review here.

http://www.nrapublications.org/TAR/ZeissZpoint.asp

As Zeiss claims that the Z-Point is waterproof, we immersed it in 110 degree water for 10 minutes and then placed it in a freezer for 10 more. There was no leakage, bubbling or -fogging.
Some places are selling these for $400 which isn't so bad. Also these were designed for use by the German military according to Zeiss so it should be pretty good. The things I like are the automatic brightness, hybrid solar power/battery, and quick mount/dismount features.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
metroplex said:
The ballistics of 5.7x28 aren't anything to brag about.
I wasn't bragging. Also you must have missed my point entirely with my example if thats your response. I was pointing out the whole "heard some other guy" talk that has been used as gospel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
I'm not sure why, but I've never liked the looks of the Z-Point. It is just too plain, like having a toaster or mailbox on top of your rifle :wink: Plus, for the money you could get a tacticool Aimpoint or Eotech. That is just my personal opinion.

It looks like it would be a good sight and I can't imagine Zeiss making junk. If I recall correctly, I think the main complaint was that it didn't do a real good job of self regulating its dot brightness. I'm sure you can find all kinds of reviews on the net.

I like the size of it. It appears to have a very tiny set of backup sights on top. They don't really look useful, but that is one option for backup sights on a PS90TR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
The_Real_McCoy said:
I have a Zeiss Z-Point on my PS90. It works out great for me.
Can U post some pics and give him some details on the sight? What U like and dislike about the sight, maybe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
ShipWreck said:
The_Real_McCoy said:
I have a Zeiss Z-Point on my PS90. It works out great for me.
Can U post some pics and give him some details on the sight? What U like and dislike about the sight, maybe?
I've just sold my Magazine Parts rail and my newly-purchased FN factory USG rail is on its way via the brown truck to me. Pics will be up in a week or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
The_Real_McCoy said:
ShipWreck said:
The_Real_McCoy said:
I have a Zeiss Z-Point on my PS90. It works out great for me.
Can U post some pics and give him some details on the sight? What U like and dislike about the sight, maybe?
I've just sold my Magazine Parts rail and my newly-purchased FN factory USG rail is on its way via the brown truck to me. Pics will be up in a week or so.
What made U switch?

I got the Magazine Parts rail in Dec (at the time, there wasn't as many vendors selling rails as there are now) - And, I've been satisfied with it.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top