FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I think the general consensus is that the Apex part is "better", but that there really was no significant problem with the 509 factory extractor. (this is in contrast to the extractors on certain other brands of pistols)

IMHO, you'd be far better off getting the trigger/sear enhancement and/or the heavy duty striker assembly. That said, I've purchased all three for my 509T

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the general consensus is that the Apex part is "better", but that there really was no significant problem with the 509 factory extractor. (this is in contrast to the extractors on certain other brands of pistols)

IMHO, you'd be far better off getting the trigger/sear enhancement and/or the heavy duty striker assembly. That said, I've purchased all three for my 509T
Thanks. I was wondering on that part thats all.

Yes i did order the Apex trigger kit for the 509c as well. cant wait to see how it differ from stock.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Thanks. I was wondering on that part thats all.

Yes i did order the Apex trigger kit for the 509c as well. cant wait to see how it differ from stock.
Install of the Apex trigger/sear is no joke. You can DIY, but watch their video a couple of times and be slow and diligent! You might want to purchase a spare 1/16" punch or two if you're not doing it with the "jig" that apex also sells. I personally mangled one punch in the process. YMMV.

The most obvious difference is that you're trading a segmented trigger safety for a flat/curved trigger with a middle trigger safety. Some people love this, others do not. However, The real reason to fork over the $$$ is the improved action the Apex trigger/sear set provides. I freely admit I am not an expert, but I love the improved response my pistol has with the Apex trigger kit. Again, it's a visceral, personal preference thing, and your opinion may vary, but I consider it money well spent!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts